countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout All-New Kindle Home Music Deals Store sports Tools

on July 1, 2016
I remember watching the evening news, and reading the newspapers which informed me about the civil(?) war in Lebanon, and the other conflicts, or better stated the other wars and/or revolutions happening in the middle east during that time, (and still continuing today and spilling out over the world). It appears that political correctness was in play even back then, as somehow the news filtered to us here in Canada most certainly did not join the dots as it should have.

This woman's life story most certainly helped me join the dots, of the what, why and how, of then and now.

You will learn without any political correctness, more than perhaps you wish to know.

Some reviewers stated the author has a bias, which she probably does and is certainly understandable, but.............. assuming there is a bias, and only one half of what she wrote is true, that half you need to know.

To quote the author's friend "When you bury your head in the sand, all you do is make a big fat target out of your behind".

on April 20, 2016
Further insight into islam.
on April 19, 2016
Well written and very informative. In this present age everyone who has concerns about what is happening in the world would profit from reading this book.
on April 16, 2016
If you want to read the truth about Islam and educate yourself from someone who has lived through it; then this is the book for you. I really enjoyed reading the book.
on April 1, 2016
awesome book.
on February 5, 2016
Please be aware that this is happening is U.S.A., as well as in Europe. This is for real!
on February 4, 2016
I find that the whole subject is not understood by the people who control our governments and what our young people learn(?) in schools.
Feeling sorry for those less fortunate than ourselves is normal and should be commended, however, if sowing the seeds of our country's
destruction is the result of helping others we need to stop and that a breath. Everyone in public office, in education or in law enforcement
should be required to read this book. To even have a logical discussion of this subject is not possible in the part of Canada where I live.
We must at all times show ourselves to be open minded and above all politically correct.
on February 4, 2016
Brigitte tells her story as a young girl in Lebanon and now a citizen of the US. Her's is a heroic story of existence in a hostile environment. This book like so many others describe the hostile grievous situation for Christians and others trying to live peacefully in the Middle East. A very worthwhile read. It will inform the reader of the dangers we may face if something doesn't change in the Muslim culture and consciousness. She has written a follow-up book : They Must be Stopped that promises the be well worth the read and study.
on February 3, 2016
It took a few pages before I realised that Brigitte started her story through the eyes of a six year old, as her story progresses through the years, then the maturity of her writing increases. I found this to be very effective. Who can dispute her experiences, it is a miracle she survived to become such a well educated and passionate writer. I would like to see this book in our schools and universities, but unfortunately that will never happen.
on January 16, 2016
Well written. Very captivating. I hadn't expected to be drawn into her story as I was.