5.0 out of 5 stars night road by Kristin Hannah
Another great novel by Kristin Hannah. A great read! Fantastic!I read it in 1 1/2 days, didn't want to put it down.
Published on Dec 21 2011 by laura

3.0 out of 5 stars Teen or adult fiction?
I have loved every Kristen Hannah book that I've read. Thus, it was with great anticipation that I sat down with NIGHT ROAD. I realize that the author had to set the characters up properly, but honestly, I thought I was reading teen fiction for the first third of the book. I almost expected vampires to appear. Disappointing!
Published 23 months ago by Connie Feader

5.0 out of 5 stars night road by Kristin Hannah, Dec 21 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Night Road, June 2 2014
This review is from: Night Road (Kindle Edition)
i picked up this audio book at our local costco .. not thinking much .. i had never heard of Kristin Hannah .. but it sounded ok.. i have to say that this is most likely one of my favorite audio books.. I am almost done and today driving to work i had a hard time trying to keep it together .. i wanted to sob ! ... the narrator is excellent !! going to order more ..

5.0 out of 5 stars Human Frailty, May 4 2014
This review is from: Night Road (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this read from cover to cover and couldn't put it down. The characters are real and engaging and frustrating! The inability for Jude to put aside her grief and support her family who needed her made me want to shake her ;while the strength of Lexi made me proud and brought tears more than once throughout the story. Night Road is more than a story of one family's journey: it is a story of self reflection as the reader is pushed to examine their own strengths and weaknesses and consider how one might handle a similar situation should tragedy of this magnitude occur. Would I be like Jude, Lexi, Miles, Zach or Eve? .The author does a fantastic job at depicting motherhood and associated emotions, hopes, dreams, excitement, anticipation, pride, worry, and love. I didn't want the story to end, but when it did, it was the right ending. Overall a great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Book!, April 6 2013
This review is from: Night Road (Kindle Edition)
This book will bring you to tears - you will love the characters and hate to come to the end. Well written with believable characters.

3.0 out of 5 stars Teen or adult fiction?, Jan. 15 2013
This review is from: Night Road (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, July 8 2012
Louise Jolly "Bookaholic" (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Story Description:

St. Martin's Press|February 29, 2012|Hardcover||ISBN: 978-0-312-36442-7

For a mother life comes down to a series of choices. To hold on, to let go, to forget, to forgive. Which road will you take. Night Road?

For eighteen years, Jude Farraday has put her children's needs above her own, and it shows - her twins, Mia and Zach are bright and happy teenagers. When Lexi Baill moves into their small close-knit community, no one is more welcoming than Jude. Lexi, a former foster child with a dark past, quickly becomes Mia's best friend. Then Zach falls in love with Lexi and the three become inseparable.

Jude does everything to keep her kids on track for college and out of harm's way. It has always been easy - until senior year of high school. Suddenly she is at a loss. Nothing feels safe anymore; every time her kids leave the house, she worries about them.

On a hot summer's night her worst fears come true. One decision will change the course of their lives. In the blink of an eye, the Farraday family will be torn apart and Lexi will lose everything. In the years that follow, each must face the consequences of that single night and find a way to forget...or the courage to forgive.

Vivid, universal, and emotionally complex, NIGHT ROAD raises profound questions about motherhood, identity, love, and forgiveness. It is a luminous, heartbreaking novel that captures both the exquisite pain of loss and the stunning power of hope. This is Kristin Hannah at her very best, telling an unforgettable story about the longing for family, the resilience of the human heart, and the courage it takes to forgive the people we love.

My Review:

Night Road was a page-turner! I felt warm and fuzzy at the friendship that Mia, Lexi, and Zach held onto so dearly. They were thick as thieves and loved and respected each other in ways that a lot of us wish we had with our friends. They knew how to love and respect each other and they knew how to have fun. Then one night, in one moment it all ended and blame was to be laid at everyone's feet.

Jude, the everything mother; the father the surgeon; Zach; Mia; and Lexi all were to blame in one way or another but it was unfortunate that Lexi was the loser in this tragedy. She spent 5 years of her life in jail for a crime that was everyone's fault but someone had to pay the price and she did in more ways than one.

After going to prison, she found out she was pregnant and had to give up her baby to be raised by Zach. Everyone in this family lost something but Lexi lost the most and would she ever gain back what was lost? That remains to be seen. I cried, I sympathized and I empathized throughout this novel. The emotions the story provoked were amazing and I've never felt more sorry for a family than I did this one. Kristin Hannah has done an awesome job in evoking all kinds of emotion and teaching us some good lessons about life along the way. I would highly recommend this book!

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, Feb. 27 2012
This review is from: Night Road (Paperback)
Although I love Kristan Hannah's books, I have to say that this one was just ok. For one, I thought that the book, although page turning, was too formulaic. It was predictable in it's story line and at times, a little too far removed from reality. It's classic chick-lit that would be good for a day at the beach. But other than that, there isn't very much substance in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Turning the Pages Review, Feb. 14 2012
You can also read my review here: [ ... ]

An epic tale of love, friendship, loss and forgiveness.

Once I finished sobbing (and we're talking UGLY cry), I was able to look at Night Road and realize just how wonderful this book truly was.

I am having such a hard time writing the review for this book because it evoked so much emotion in me - sad, angry, happy, frustrated - that I don't know if I can find the appropriate words. How do you tell someone about a book that, literally, took your breath away? Having read Winter Garden and Firefly Lane, I thought I knew what I was in for but this one... nothing could prepare me for the ride I was about to have.

As the characters lives become intertwined, and the story more developed, you can see the amazing gift and talent that Kristin Hannah has. Through her writing, I became a classmate of Lexi, Mia and Zach. I could feel every emotion that I had back then, resurfacing. Their journey through high school becomes like that of a memory, something you have done and aren't just reading about.

Overall, this is a book that I am and will be thinking about for a long time to come. Whether you are a mother, a sister or a friends, Night Road is a story that anyone can relate to. A definite MUST-read!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved This book, Aug. 20 2014
This review is from: Night Road (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book from cover to finish, couldn't put it down I think it is one of Kristin Hannah's best books that I have read

Night Road
Night Road by Kristin Hannah (Paperback - Jan. 3 2012)
CDN$ 16.99 CDN$ 12.26