5.0 out of 5 stars On my Top 10!
I picked up this book at Publix, and didnt think it would be much more than something to read, but I was wrong! Fiona is a captivating character who you grow to love from the first chapter to the last. She is remarkable and you cant do much but want to be with her every step of her journey. Her journey is just as amazing, Fiona goes through a really bumpy ride and you...
Published on June 1 2004 by Allison

3.0 out of 5 stars Predictable beach novel
The beginning of the book leads off with "take you there" descriptions of the slums of Victorian London. But shortly after, the novel descends to typical soap opera stuff. The book is long, over 500 pages, but by page 200, I had predicted 90% of the remainder of the book.
Most of the events just happen to coordinate so perfectly that I was rolling my eyes...
Published on Jan. 5 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book about London at the end of the 19th century, Dec 18 2012
This review is from: The Tea Rose: A Novel (Paperback)
I loved this book. It was easy reading, good plots and storylines and wonderful characters. I would put this book on the list with other great writers...Ken Follett and Philippa Gregory.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy read, June 4 2012
This review is from: The Tea Rose: A Novel (Paperback)
This is a great book! I didn't want to put it down! It was an easy read, a good summer book! Can't wait to read the next two books.

5.0 out of 5 stars ENCHANTING!! SPELLBINDING!!, May 5 2003
Leslie Lehman (Croghan, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tea Rose: A Novel (Hardcover)
Jennifer Donnelly has succeeded in bring the past vividly to life in this wonderfully spellbinding novel which weaves romance, suspense and history brilliantly together!

5.0 out of 5 stars Has become my favorite book!!, Jan. 2 2003
This review is from: The Tea Rose: A Novel (Hardcover)
What a wonderful story. I couldn't put this book down... I loved it. It is a book that I know I'll read again and enjoy every last word.

5.0 out of 5 stars I NEVER CRY, Oct. 8 2002
This review is from: The Tea Rose: A Novel (Hardcover)
I never cry while reading. Well, never, until now. Donnelly had tears in my eyes by page 37. This book is what a novel should be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a fun read, Feb. 9 2003
This review is from: The Tea Rose: A Novel (Hardcover)
I had a blast reading this story; it actually kept me up until 3 a.m. most nights because I couldn't put it down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tea roses are always a lovely and unexpected delight-just like this book, Dec 31 2007
picked this book up because a positive review compared it to the Thorn birds. I read forty pages the first night I had it, and finished the book (all seven hundred some pages of it) the next day. I literally couldn't put it down.

The story of Fiona and her love Joe two poor kids from Whitechapel who've been in love their whole lives only to lose each other when Joe begins to make a success of himself and Fiona's parents die tragicaly, is compelling, but what's so great about this novel is the amount of historical detail that makes it some realistic. It's obvious that a great deal of research went into this book, and the work paid of for Ms. Donnelly, because this book is so vivid its like your there in Whitechapel with Fiona and Joe, and then in old glamorous New York where great steam ships roll in in and a fortune is there for anyone with the smarts to work for it.

Buy this book, make some tea, and sit down with two enterprising young lovers, one scheming evil villain and a story of the true resilience of the human spirit. I've only know about this book for year and hald and I've allready read it three times. its one of those books I'll read every year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Aug. 8 2014
A book you just can't put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite Simply Brilliant, Nov. 1 2011
This review is from: The Tea Rose: A Novel (Paperback)
A wonderful book so vividly described one felt you were there among the many heartwarming and equally evil characters. Set in the 1800's it takes you on an extraordinary journey you never want to end. Quite simply brilliant.

The Tea Rose: A Novel
The Tea Rose: A Novel by Jennifer Donnelly (Paperback - Dec 10 2007)
CDN$ 18.99 CDN$ 13.71