5.0 out of 5 stars excellent
Fast moving and descriptive. Images formed quickly and vividly Characters were strong yet vulnerable. Recommend this author and book. Enjoy.
Published 5 months ago by saf

2.0 out of 5 stars A "What If" Novel
Save Me by Lisa Scottoline

Published on June 21 2011 by Dianne E. Socci-Tetro

2.0 out of 5 stars A "What If" Novel, June 21 2011
This review is from: Save Me (Hardcover)
Save Me by Lisa Scottoline

If you enjoy the type of novels that want you to ask yourself the hard 'what if' or 'what would I do in this type of situation' questions, then you may find this novel interesting'at least for the first 8 or 10 chapters, because that is what this novel asks you to do. It tries to ask you to put yourself in a situation that may make you uncomfortable, unpopular and may even call you ethics into question.

Or, after ten chapters you may do like me and simply roll your eyes at the antics of the 'heroine' and want to call it a day. While the story could have been 'all that and a bag of chips' the stilted dialogue, unsympathetic characters, outlandishly unrealistic plot makes this a difficult read to take seriously or to even simply like. The plot is all over the place with no rhyme or reason, and some secondary stories just seem thrown in willy-nilly. For the life of me I cannot see why Ms Scottoline did things like this.. The main story of our heroine taking flak for supposedly saving her child above any other child, would have been sufficient to carry this book. The author chooses to throw in revelations that really had no bearing on the story and childish antics that has the heroine finding out that there was a nefarious plot going on to kill several people. Frankly, just the 'what if' idea was enough for an entire book.

Sadly, I expected so much more from an author of this caliber.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, Feb. 7 2014
This review is from: Save Me (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy Lisa Scottoline, Oct. 6 2013
This review is from: Save Me (Paperback)
The first book I read of hers, Look Again, I couldn't put down. This one was just as good. Always an unexpected twist with her novels. Made me think about the volunteer work I do myself. I will definitely read more of her books.

4.0 out of 5 stars save me, Feb. 5 2012
This review is from: Save Me (Hardcover)
First one of her books I read and I found it an easy read. I really enjoyed the book. But it sure makes you think about what you may take on next time you are asked to help out for something.

Save Me
Save Me by Lisa Scottoline (Paperback - Feb. 14 2012)
CDN$ 16.99 CDN$ 12.26