5.0 out of 5 stars twins, Jan. 8 2014
This review is from: First 100 Animals (Board book)
mom and dad love these books, kids love to look at their parents expressions when they read to them - great stimulation

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Book, Dec 7 2013
This review is from: First 100 Animals (Board book)
Love the big format of this book - both my kids enjoyed this book as it was durable and easy to read. Vivid colours and great pictures - simple and perfect for introducing babies/toddlers to words/books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for ages 1-3, Nov. 27 2013
This review is from: First 100 Animals (Board book)
Highly interactive!!!!!The photographs are really good quality and the animals are divided appropriately into geographical areas.My niece and I enjoyed making the sounds of the animals the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful book, March 30 2013
This review is from: First 100 Animals (Board book)
My young (under age two) grandchildren love the clear photos of the all the animals. They are sorted by various categories and cover pretty much every type.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Jan. 29 2013
This review is from: First 100 Animals (Board book)
This book is very well thought out and is fun for my lil girl to read and play with too. There are so many animals in there that I know that she will be learning from it for a long time. I will definitely be getting some of the other versions too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb in its simplicity, it will amuse and teach for a long time, Dec 14 2010
This review is from: First 100 Animals (Board book)
Has all the makings of a long-lasting book for a toddler: sturdy, clear photos, categorized animals (farm, north/south poles, insects), variety, bright colours, some examples of baby vs adult animals... A big hit with our 20-month old. You can easily see how the learning for any child will progress from animal sounds, to names and body parts, to where they live, etc. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great choice!, Aug. 5 2010
This review is from: First 100 Animals (Board book)
My son LOVES this book! He's 23 months old and can name most of the animals in this book. If he can't name it, he knows the sound it makes! It has been a very enjoyable addition to our growing book collection! Thanks GG!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book, Feb. 20 2010
Holly Skelhorn (NS Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: First 100 Animals (Board book)
My son loves this book. The pictures are very big and bright.
There are some common animals in the book and some not as
common. It gives him new animals to learn. We read it every night!

5.0 out of 5 stars My son is obsessed with this book, June 29 2011
This review is from: First 100 Animals (Board book)
We bought the book after our son played with it at a friend's. He is 10 months. He never tires of it pointing and babbling. We love the bright colours and the simplicity of naming all the pictures in the book. A great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, Dec 6 2013
This review is from: First 100 Animals (Board book)
My son received this book at his baby shower, and loved it since then. By the time he was 1 he could identify all the animals in the book (where is the .....? And he would point at it). By the time he was 14 months he could tell you which animal was which, and we started working on animal sounds. My son started speaking at a very young age, and honestly, I credit this book with a lot of his success. Many people (including his daycare providers and a speech pathologist), have described my son as a "baby genius". Before he could walk, he learned how to "read" this book. We had to bring the book everywhere we went, and as my son looked through and said the names of all the animals (he could tell the difference between a parrot and a macaw, an orangutang and a gorilla, a cow and a calf) people were amazed! Everyone always asked how old he was, no one could believe he could identify these animals at a year old, that even adults could not tell the difference between.

Hes 2 and a half now, and I just found out there are more books in this series! While browsing amazon i came across the "first 100 machines" book, and when he saw it, his eyes bulged out of his head and he exclaimed, "woah! Cool!!!" Anything to do with trucks, tools and construction are his absolute favourite, so obviously the machine book went directly into my amazon shopping cart. When we drive by a construction site he always wants to know the names of the different trucks, so i am looking forward to getting the book myself, so when he asks "whats that?" I can actually answer him correctly. Though he might teach it to himself before i can learn it, hehe.

Still to this day, with 50+ books sitting on our bookshelf, this is usually the first book he pulls out. I think the bright colours are what capture his attention at first, but with so many animals to see and learn on each page, his usual 2-second-2-year-old attention span extends, and he never wants to put it down! Needless to say, he and his 10 month old brother are getting the rest of the books in the series for Christmas.

I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend this book. If you are humming and hawing, just BUY it! Its a nice size, sturdy book, reasonably priced, and your babies, toddlers and self will love it!

Ps if you cant tell from my spelling and grammar, i was clearly NOT a baby genius....all the more reason to credit this book with my sons unbelievable language skills....it clearly isnt heriditary. Haha.

ARRAY(0xb72f1bb8)

First 100 Animals
First 100 Animals by Roger Priddy (Board book - Feb. 21 2006)
CDN$ 8.95 CDN$ 8.50