march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Board book|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 1, 2016
Our 2 years son loves 'First 100 Animals' book (And, entire Roger Priddy series: 'First 100 words', and 'Colors, ABC, Numbers'). Basically all these books introduces child with basic concepts like Letter, Numbers, Colors, Basic Everyday Words. The pictures used in books are actual photographs and not drawings which is better as child will be able to perfectly grasp and correlate with real life subjects. We liked large size of book, bright colors, beautiful photographs and they are very well made (sturdy) and can take quite a bit of abuse. My child picks this books from his collection again and again and this are his favorite books. Pages are arranged according to theme/categories and child will pick that up over the period of time. My son almost reaches for it every day and points to each picture and asks us to say word for it. In just couple of days, he has started learning several words and started identifying animals, colors etc. This is also good set for travel and can keep toddlers busy for some time during car trips. We highly recommend these books.
on December 14, 2010
Has all the makings of a long-lasting book for a toddler: sturdy, clear photos, categorized animals (farm, north/south poles, insects), variety, bright colours, some examples of baby vs adult animals... A big hit with our 20-month old. You can easily see how the learning for any child will progress from animal sounds, to names and body parts, to where they live, etc. Highly recommended!
on August 5, 2010
My son LOVES this book! He's 23 months old and can name most of the animals in this book. If he can't name it, he knows the sound it makes! It has been a very enjoyable addition to our growing book collection! Thanks GG!
on February 20, 2010
My son loves this book. The pictures are very big and bright.
There are some common animals in the book and some not as
common. It gives him new animals to learn. We read it every night!
on November 8, 2015
I wish it gave full body pictures of all the animals instead of upper body head shots. My ASD child doesn't fully grasp what the animals are in this book when she can't see the whole animal.
on November 6, 2014
This book is awesome. Each page is categorized according to animal type or geographical location (jungle, Australian, ocean etc.). I love that it has pictures of real animals instead of cartoon drawings. While it includes the easy "dog, cat, horse, cow" words, there are also animals like kookaburra and macaw. How adorable is it to hear your child try to say chameleon, cockatoo and meerkat! I highly recommmend this one.
on January 16, 2016
These are the best books that I've found for my 1 year old. He loves the bright and colorful pictures and has learned more from these books then me trying to point things out or from other books. I love that the pictures aren't drawings and that they're actual pictures. He started saying so many words from us looking at these. I recommend all of these for babies. I have them all.
on February 3, 2016
I bought this book and the "baby's first 100 words" together and we look at them on a daily basis. She is still a little too young to say some of the words but she loves all the colourful images and pictures. Very glad I bought this. I will most likely be buying the other books from this collection as they are such a hit in this house.
on January 29, 2013
This book is very well thought out and is fun for my lil girl to read and play with too. There are so many animals in there that I know that she will be learning from it for a long time. I will definitely be getting some of the other versions too.
on June 15, 2015
My niece loves this book! We got it for her 2nd birthday along with the Melissa & Doug animal magnets. She would take the magnets out and match them to the animals in the book. She's so clever! But it made a fun little matching game for her.