biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more vd2016beauty Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Board bookChange

on December 14, 2010
Has all the makings of a long-lasting book for a toddler: sturdy, clear photos, categorized animals (farm, north/south poles, insects), variety, bright colours, some examples of baby vs adult animals... A big hit with our 20-month old. You can easily see how the learning for any child will progress from animal sounds, to names and body parts, to where they live, etc. Highly recommended!
on August 5, 2010
My son LOVES this book! He's 23 months old and can name most of the animals in this book. If he can't name it, he knows the sound it makes! It has been a very enjoyable addition to our growing book collection! Thanks GG!
on February 20, 2010
My son loves this book. The pictures are very big and bright.
There are some common animals in the book and some not as
common. It gives him new animals to learn. We read it every night!
on November 8, 2015
I wish it gave full body pictures of all the animals instead of upper body head shots. My ASD child doesn't fully grasp what the animals are in this book when she can't see the whole animal.
on November 6, 2014
This book is awesome. Each page is categorized according to animal type or geographical location (jungle, Australian, ocean etc.). I love that it has pictures of real animals instead of cartoon drawings. While it includes the easy "dog, cat, horse, cow" words, there are also animals like kookaburra and macaw. How adorable is it to hear your child try to say chameleon, cockatoo and meerkat! I highly recommmend this one.
on January 16, 2016
These are the best books that I've found for my 1 year old. He loves the bright and colorful pictures and has learned more from these books then me trying to point things out or from other books. I love that the pictures aren't drawings and that they're actual pictures. He started saying so many words from us looking at these. I recommend all of these for babies. I have them all.
on February 3, 2016
I bought this book and the "baby's first 100 words" together and we look at them on a daily basis. She is still a little too young to say some of the words but she loves all the colourful images and pictures. Very glad I bought this. I will most likely be buying the other books from this collection as they are such a hit in this house.
on January 29, 2013
This book is very well thought out and is fun for my lil girl to read and play with too. There are so many animals in there that I know that she will be learning from it for a long time. I will definitely be getting some of the other versions too.
on June 15, 2015
My niece loves this book! We got it for her 2nd birthday along with the Melissa & Doug animal magnets. She would take the magnets out and match them to the animals in the book. She's so clever! But it made a fun little matching game for her.
on December 29, 2015
My son enjoys this book a lot (he's 18 months old). Of course, when he's seen the real animal it's more interesting. He likes to turn the pages and whenever he sees a spider on the wall he'll rush to the book to point to it in the bug section.