summer boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry

on June 13, 2016
Great book! The original book was so good that I bought this one too. So glad I did. I've tried 5 different recipes in this book and they've all been wonderful. I especially like the Olive Spelt bread. I found the ingredients easy to locate at my local bulk and organic health food stores.
on March 24, 2016
What a bitter disappointment this book was! It was recommended in an article I was reading by someone I respect who suggested baking your own bread as a money saving tactic, and that you could do so in 5 minutes a day with this book! First of all I don't expect to save anything but I do miss the luxury of nice, home baked bread. We're a very busy household and even 5 minutes can be hard to come by. We generally don't eat much bread since it's not good for you anyway, but it's such a nice treat to have on occasion and my husband does like it for breakfast, so I thought I would give it a whirl. I haven't even made anything from it. I expected the recipes not to actually take 5 minutes as per other reviews, but what I didn't realize is uh... this does not save you much time at all from just baking bread normally. There is NO way I could fit this supposed 5 minute bread in on a weeknight. I figured there was some magical combination of ingredients or process that was going to make it so I could just mix all the stuff up, throw it in the fridge, and two days later come tear a lob off, bunch it into a loaf shape and throw in the oven. No, no, no. We let the dough rise when we make the batch! We mix in lots of other ingredients on baking day and form the bloody thing into artistic masterpieces, and then let it rise again. So, hang on... You STILL need to mix the bread recipe, let it rise twice, do everything you would do for a normal bread recipe except knead it. And there are no-knead recipes out there, and bread machines that will do the kneading for you and still allow you to bake it however you wish. What? What's the appeal? Am I missing something? Say it takes 15 minutes to mix up a batch of the dough, and then before you can put it away it needs to rise for two hours so you can't exactly leave the house and move on to other endeavours, you're still MAKING THE BREAD 2 HOURS LATER... and even with the baking day part. You mix in more crap to the dough, you let it rise 90 minutes. You bake it 30. Uh. We're still talking over two hours of bread making on a weeknight. If you started when you got home from work, threw it in the oven after dinner, and rescued it from the oven after you were done eating, you'd be able to maybe pull it off, but you sure wouldn't have a nice loaf with dinner. WTF? Super disappointed. I'm sure this is a fabulous system for people with lots of spare time on their hands. But then, why would they not just make bread the ordinary way and save precious fridge space. :P Also as an aside, the layout sucks and could be improved to make it easier to grab info at a glance. It reads like a novel with no text hierarchy or obvious sections to find your basic master recipes or anything like that. Awful.
on February 23, 2016
I much prefer the hardcover format and regret purchasing the kindle edition. It is poorly layed out: recipes start anywhere on a page, the recipe titles are in small characters and hard to find, and the recipes are not listed in the table of content... It definitely needs improvement.
on August 5, 2015
Easy easy easy - what more can I say - OH - it's delicious too!!
on July 16, 2015
This book is one of my go-to bread books when I want to get something started and don't have time to peruse a lot of recipes. once you have made a few loaves, you can riff off the recipes because you will understand the general process. friendly and warm writing, makes you want to bake all day.
on January 16, 2015
Every recipes I tried have turn really good. Easy and deliscious recipes.
on September 28, 2014
Can't stop making bread now.
Love the weight measurements for ingredients.
Great book for beginners and pro's.
Makes you feel confident to step outside of the box and experiment.
on April 14, 2014
I've given this book to others who want to experience the pleasure of fresh baked bread without all the time constraints of other bread making techniques.
on March 30, 2014
Recipes easy to follow, easy to adapt from one to the next. Lots of additional ideas, hints. Yes, recommending to friends. And - I have their other two '5 Minutes a Day' cookbooks - really interesting, and results delicious.
on February 3, 2014
This book expands on the concept of making bread in just 5 minutes, but many of the recipes are just variations of each other. The gluten free section was very short and disappointing - the recipes need a lot of eggs. I wish I had just stuck to the basic recipe found on-line and just played with it to create my own variations.