march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools snsflyout Family

Format: Hardcover|Change

My son is 6 and his dad died unexpectedly just over a year ago. We have read a lot of good books over the year, but this one felt like it was him reminding us of his love, even after all of this time. Even some of the things said in this book are very similar to what I have heard my husband tell my son, especially while tucking him in at night. We both were crying happy tears after reading this and it felt like we could have reached out and touched the memory this book brought back to us. It's beautiful and perfect for any child, but I know it's one I will be purchasing for any child that has lost a loved one.
on February 22, 2011
both my 1.5 and 4 yr old love this book, especially the beautiful animal drawings. a great read for all ages. by the way, read with kleenex. haven't yet met a parent who can get through the "and if someday you're lonely, or someday you're sad" page without getting teary. oh that every child could have this book and the comfort it conveys.
on January 3, 2014
This book was purchased to help explain death to a young child but when I read the words, I chose to read it at my Mother's funeral. Family and friends thoroughly enjoyed this poetic explanation of how a very special person can be with you always. It really helped to look at our loss in this way. Thank you Nancy Tillman .
on February 12, 2014
A beautifully written and illustrated board book. We find the soothing language great for bedtime reading to our little one, and the assuring theme of protective parental love can be enjoyed by child and parent alike. Also, the child in the artwork is depicted in a gender-neutral fashion, making it easy for any child to place him or herself at the centre of the narrative.
on January 1, 2014
This small book has a big message. With whimsical pictures, it expresses unconditional love. You don't have to be a child to appreciate the purpose of this book. I gave it to my son, in his thirty-second year, to read to his son. A wonderful gift for any one you love!
on April 14, 2014
Beautiful book with such a nice loving message! I got this out at the library and had to buy it! When my mom saw it, she had to buy it too! Unfortunately my 3 year old doesn't care for it. He loves books, but he never likes the beautiful ones that I like!
on May 29, 2011
I loved this book. I wanted to get a "sentimental" birthday gift for my son who recently turned 20. Yes, for someone 20 years old. We didn't keep many books from his childhood and I figured better late than never - he can always keep them for his future children. This book is really suitable for all ages and pulls on the heartstrings. In my opinion, it expresses all those sentiments parents want to say to their children, particularly in my case since my son moved away to attend school. My son loved it too and took it back with him at his last visit. I will also mention that I thought the pictures were whimsical and very beautiful.
on August 12, 2014
I love reading this book to my baby, letting her know that my love will always be with her. It's a lovely book & great illustrations. I'm glad I bought it. It's a great way to tell your child they will always be loved!
on January 6, 2013
This simply written book is so touching . A lovely gift for grown children, small children or anyone you love. I gave it to a grandchild who I don't see frequently to express my heartfelt love from a distance.
on December 29, 2013
I bought this book for my son who is an adult. Thought it is a children's book, it said all the right things. Sometimes we have to go back in order to go forward