4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but good.
Published on July 5 2010 by Michelle

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldnt advise
I had a hard time getting through this series, I couldn't get finish reading the book. I found it to be dull and VERY DRY!
Published on Aug. 9 2010 by Bluebell

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but good., July 5 2010
This review is from: Dark Flame (Hardcover)
Dark flame wasn't great... but it was still good. I found the book a little repetitive at times, like I was reading the same thing over just written with different words to describe the actions. Ever always seems to be struggling with the same problems and I kept hoping the book would turn for the better... and it did! Ever still struggles with the idea that she may never be able to "touch" Damen again, and tries anything and everything to get the antidote to the antidote from Roman... even when warned not to over and over again. It's Inevitable and a little predictable where the journey takes her but its still fun to read about it. Some big things happen at the end of this book, something's unexpected and it seems like the next story will have a lot more to tell. I can't wait!

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldnt advise, Aug. 9 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too, Feb. 22 2011
This review is from: Dark Flame (Audio CD)
Alyson Noel is back. After struggling through SHADOWLAND, DARK FLAME returns readers to the high expectations of THE IMMORTALS series.

I have done this entire series via audio book, and after struggling to get through SHADOWLAND, I was a bit wary of beginning this one. But unlike SHADOWLAND, DARK FLAME picks up immediately with Haven's new immortality and her eagerness to get on with her new life. From that moment on, I was hooked. The seven disks seemed to fly by of their own accord.

Ms. Schorr continues to spellbound as she narrates the world of Ever Bloom. With Haven's new immortality, Ms. Schorr picks up the excitement that Haven is exhibiting. She is able to translate from the written page to the spoken word all the wonders that Haven is experiencing. She distinctly delineates the difference between Ever's more laid-back and almost hesitant approach to life against Haven's eagerness and hunger to disconnect herself from her former existence.

I found DARK FLAME far more appealing to listen to than the previous installment of the series. At no point did I find myself wishing to fast-forward through any part of the story. I was enthralled listening to Ms. Schorr tell the tale. The twins from SHADOWLAND take a back seat in this part of the series, but missing-in-action Ava is back, and of course the ongoing saga of Roman, Damen, and Jude continues.

Unlike some other young adult series that have been released as audio books, Macmillan has done the right thing by continuing to utilize the same narrator for the series. Ms. Schorr's voice adds consistency from the first pages of EVERMORE on through the last chapter of DARK FLAME. I hope to continue to hear Ms. Schorr as the series moves to the next installment, NIGHT STAR, in November 2010.

Reviewed by: Jaglvr

4.0 out of 5 stars Best one yet!!! Looking forward to the next one now!, Nov. 29 2010
This review is from: Dark Flame (Hardcover)
I thought the last three were good books ... not great but a solid good as they were missing that " I can't put it down" feeling. This book was very good, in fact the best one yet!! I was thrilled when I started to read it and I found that I wanted to keep reading...and reading!This book is more ... deep?!?!? I don't know if that's the right word but it will do!! It is definitly a better read then the previous three ... I hope the next on will be even better!!!!

Dark Flame
Dark Flame by Alyson Noël (Paperback - Jan. 3 2012)
CDN$ 10.99 CDN$ 9.92