biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more vd2016beauty Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on May 7, 2000
This is a brilliant tale of modern horror that totally eschews any of the usual trappings of things that go bump in the night and instead focuses on the cruelty and nasty possibilties of everyday life. The death of one of the lead characters halfway through the book is pretty hard hitting mainly due to Campbells excellent descriptive technique, you almost feel as if you know the family. As with all Campbells novels you finish this book with the satisfaction of knowing you have just read a well written novel by an important novellist.
on February 25, 1998
I absolutely HATED this book. I figured that since Dean Koontz recommended it it might be good. Where did Dean go wrong? This book was poorly written, made no sense, and was B-O-R-I-N-G. In fact, at about the halfway mark I went ahead and put the book back on my shelf. I didn't want to waste any more time when I could be reading a GOOD book.
on February 12, 2001
This book is deep and hard-hitting. It's like a trip to another world; an experience you won't soon forget.