Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star).Show all reviews
on January 6, 2002
No matter what the other reviewers say, Geodyssey was still a good read, like all of Piers Anthony's books have been. There are, admittedly, some sections which could have been toned down or shortened, take your pick. I speak specifically of the 40,000 word long story of Melee and Dillon which seems to be a tale told of a romance based on urination and sex and control. There was a brief mention of cannibalism seemingly from the view of "waste not, want not." As I said at the beginning, it is still a good read - the historical settings are fascinating, and while some of the stories are conjectural, Mr. Anthony readily admits to this. It is a good read some will have trouble with and some will not, like any other book. if you have read Piers Anthony before, especially previous Geodyssey installations, read this.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2002
I loved the other 3 Geodyssey books. They're among my favourite novels and I keep trying to get others to read them. I waited a year and a half for Muse of Art to come to paperback so that I could finally read it. Well, I must say I was a little disappointed! The history was good just like in the other 3, but it read like bad erotica. Piers himself stated somewhere that the Geodyssey series wasn't selling the way he had hoped, I think he's now stooping too low on purpose to try to make it sell.
We can only hope that Climate of Change (the fifth and final) has the quality of the first three.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse