5.0 out of 5 stars I liked it!
Dead After Dark is a book that is packed with paranormal erotica/romantica stories. Each one is a little on the short side, but, for me, all the better. You're in and out quickly. A definite must read for anyone who likes this type of erotica but wants a quick, good read. Another good one: Dead Sexy: Two Tales of Vampire Erotica.
Published on Dec 14 2008 by CB

3.0 out of 5 stars Shadow of the Moon
Published on Dec 2 2008 by jakersmh

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked it!, Dec 14 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars A MIXED BAG WITH A HIT FOR WARD FANS, May 14 2010
Buggy "SUNNIE Day reader" (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dead After Dark (Mass Market Paperback)
DEAD AFTER DARK contains 4 paranormal romance stories, with two from a couple of heavy weight authors in the genre. As it turned out this anthology was hard for me to rate because the stories varied from 5 big stars to, okay somewhat sexy read to, couldn't wrap my head around and didn't finish. I would definitely recommend this to fans of JR Ward though, her contribution was excellent and by far the most complete as a stand alone short story. (I also have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Michael.) I'm sure Kenyon's fans will appreciate her story however for myself, without any knowledge of her long running series and world `rules' I was completely lost. Also enjoyable was the historical romance by Susan Squires, who transported me to another time and gave a different twist to the vampire genre.

Never having read anything by Sherrilyn Kenyon before (I know, I know she's on the TBR shelf) I was a little surprised by her contribution SHADOW OF THE MOON. I guess I expected to be instantly blown away because Kenyon's so popular, instead I struggled through a couple of very confusing chapters from a story that I still have no idea what it was all about. Kenyon obviously knows how to write the addictive alpha male but even a sexy shape shifter named Fury wasn't enough to hole my interest here and I just couldn't finish. Sadly this was a bad introduction to Kenyon's work and I would have thought for an anthology she might have submitted a story more user friendly (or explained her world a bit more) in the hopes of gaining not excluding new readers. DNF 1 star

I have to admit that I bought this book exclusively for Ward's STORY OF SON and even though its only 90 pages long was worth the price of admission alone. This is a fantastic story that I became completely engrossed in within a couple of pages. Encompassing suspense, drama, heartache, romance and OH MY the love scenes were sexy as hell. No wonder theres such a huge following for Michael and Claire. It's also complete in terms of a world anyone can understand and has a conclusive ending, albeit slightly sweet. Obviously I saw the beginning of the BDB here as it takes place in the same Vampire world. In particular a little story arc that's very similar to V's story (Lover Unbound) But I won't tell you why because that's a major heartbreaking spoiler that I didn`t see coming either time. Loved it 5 big stars.

Susan Squires was a new author for me and I really enjoyed her historical in SEIZE THE NIGHT. 1800's England is captured perfectly here with the story of a man returning home after 15 long years, having made his fortune he hopes to win back his lost love. Scoffing at the rumours that his newly purchased estate may be haunted by a blood drinking ghost until a passionate encounter leaves some very real marks on his neck and a yearning in his soul. I will definitely be searching out more from this author. 4 stars

The last story, Diana Love's MIDNIGHT KISS GOODBYE was unfortunately another one I couldn't get into and ultimately just skimmed. A contemporary supernatural romance with a reunited lovers theme and a Hindu god named Ekkbar who keeps possessing the heroes love interest. For whatever reason this just didn't do it for me. 2 stars

3.0 out of 5 stars Shadow of the Moon, Dec 2 2008
This review is from: Dead After Dark (Mass Market Paperback)
I have read every one of Sherrilyn Kenyon's books in her Dark Hunter/Dream Hunter series and have really enjoyed reading every one. I found Shadow of the Moon, although good, to be a lot of story jammed into a little bit of book. Everything had to happen so quickly that before you knew it the book was done and you were left with a quite a few unanswered questions. It's saving grace was that it did bring in quite a few good characters from previous books including Zarek or Z and Savitar. It's still interesting to read and I can hardly wait for Savitar's story as he's one of my favorites! I give kudos to Sherrilyn as the release of four books in one year is pretty awesome!!

ARRAY(0xc39871a4)

Dead After Dark
Dead After Dark by Dianna Love (Mass Market Paperback - Dec 2 2008)
CDN$ 9.99 CDN$ 9.49