5.0 out of 5 stars best kleypas novel yet, July 14 2010
S. Eadie (ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tempt Me at Twilight (Mass Market Paperback)
I loved, loved, loved this book. Harry & Poppy are such a great couple & the book was so interesting from start to finish. I'm not sure why no one ever picks this hero as one of the best in Kleypas' arsenal but in my opinion, he ranks at the top. This was not one of those books that you read and feel like obstacles are so small that it's hard to believe they would be obstacles at all...seems like a great, genuine love story. Such a good book & an enjoyable read. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars, Sept. 24 2009
This review is from: Tempt Me at Twilight (Mass Market Paperback)
This book, like all other books that I have ever read by Lisa Kleypas, is wonderful. Kleypas has a way of writing that causes the characters to come alive off of the page. The plot was interesting enough, but the brilliance of Kleypas' writing lies not in her plotting genius, but in her ability to sculpt compelling characters with depth and substance. I was charmed by both Harry and Poppy, both of whom have very unique personalities. I definitely give Kleypas full points for her ability to create new personalities for all of her characters. It is nice to read about new heroes and heroines that are uniquely themselves and not stenciled versions of characters from previous novels.

This book is fun and light. It is a perfect book to curl up and unwind with after a long day. I admit that I prefer contemporary romances, but Tempt Me At Twilight was good enough to make me overlook that. A warning, though: TMAT ends with a cliffhanger. I, for one, am already eager for the next installment in the series.

ARRAY(0xba556f6c)

Tempt Me at Twilight
Tempt Me at Twilight by Lisa Kleypas (Mass Market Paperback - Sept. 22 2009)
CDN$ 9.99 CDN$ 9.49