Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(4 star).Show all reviews
on December 12, 1999
I really had trouble rating this book. Three and a half stars is probably a more accurate rating, as far as I'm concerned. However, I have so much respect for Ms. Smith's writing....
A marriage of conveniece is forced by the debt of Gerald, brother of the heroine, Alicia. Drake has the mortgage to Alicia and Gerald's home. Drake has set the marriage up, to seek vengeance. In my view, this was the only "scoundrelous" behaviour on Drake's part.
Drake cares for Alicia's mother. He takes into his employment the needy people he encounters--a deaf maid, an accounts manager in a wheelchair, a drunken butler...and so on. The only conflict , is the original motivations for Drake's and Alicia's marriage. I think, because of that, this is a slow read, at times. Also, I felt somewhat manipulated. I felt the author tried too hard to get the reader to love Drake.
This book, has many pluses. I enjoyed the supporting characters; a secondary romance was very entertaining. The love scenes are very well done. There's no purple prose; but each scene, is uniquely sexy.
This book may not be a keeper for me. But, it was definitely worth my time and money!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2001
Just finished my second book by Ms. Smith. I thought Seduced by a Scoundrel was different and again filled with suspense that kept me glued till I finished it. Unlike some I didn't think this was a typical rewind of the usual drivel of the sacrificed virgin trying to save her family. The writing was so much better. I found all the characters different from the usual and Alicia's mother is precious. Even though it didn't get the high rating of her other books I recommend giving it a try.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse