march boutiques-francophones snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 4, 2005
One finishes this book regretting Herge's-or George Remi's-death in 1983. Tintin and the Alph-Art has all of the ingredients for a fantastic Tintin story. Surely, if Georges Remi had lived, this would have been his most wonderful work. Even though I do not speak French, I could recognize some of the words, based on my rudimentary knowledge of Spanish. Comparing the English to the French within the dialogue bubbles was an exciting experience, seeing the raw work and sketches, imagining how all of the incomplete pieces work together. All in all, it was an enjoyable read.
on January 16, 2016
Let me start off by saying that I've been a fan of graphic art for many years. As a young child, I was fortunate enough to receive a Tintin book for Christmas a few times. Now I can't say that that was the spark to entice me to collect graphic novels, but I thoroughly enjoyed the adventures with Tintin, snowy, Captain Haddock, Professor Calculus, Thomson and Thompson as well as all the other great characters. One day while browsing my local book store a few years ago, I happened to see a collection of soft cover Tintin books. After noticing my interest, my wife said that these books could make great Christmas gifts. This year we were able to locate the last few titles to complete the collection. On the back cover of each book, are shown the 23 titles that make up the collection along with this title "Tintin and Alph-Art". The book is the final creation that began in 1978 and remains unfinished. Herge's worked on Alpha-Art not knowing where the story would lead. He left more than an outline, a little less than an adventure, but so many possibilities, so many flights of imagination, so many dreams. So if you get the opportunity to sample one of Tintin adventures and get bitten by the bug as I have, then you just might want this title as well.
on February 27, 2012
A must have book for any serious Tintin collector. Interesting to get a peek into the writing and drawing process that Herge used when developing a story.
on November 12, 2015