4.0 out of 5 stars Great read... until the ending doesn't materialize
Extremely interesting book with insightful theories on why and how we make decisions. Unfortunately, you don't find out until the disappointing end that the "chapters" were independent essays. As with most books, I looked forward to finding out how the author will wrap everything up and tie the stories together in the end. Apparently, Gladwell either didn't feel...
Published on June 23 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Informed Intuition Beats Analysis and Knee-Jerk Prejudices
Like The Tipping Point, Blink has a very simple point which it elaborates from a variety of perspectives. In this case, the point is that our subconscious mind can integrate small, subtle clues to very quickly make great decisions . . . as long as we have been trained to know what clues to focus on.

In developing that simple idea, Mr. Gladwell makes the case...
Published on July 15 2006 by Donald Mitchell

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Opens ones eyes to our unconscious belief system that rules many of our decisions, July 13 2014
Barb Mottishaw (South Slocan, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews
Helped me recognize how brain washed I am and have been from childhood, gives me the room to be wrong without it being about intelligence or aptitude. I am no longer driven " to die to be right or to have the answers".

5.0 out of 5 stars I will buy on this seller again, June 13 2014
This review is from: Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking (Paperback)
The book is like you have to listen to your intuition once in a while based on the background knowledge you know on the subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, like all the Gladwell books., April 23 2014
I enjoyed this book, as I have enjoyed many of Malcolm Gladwell's other books, and I look forward to reading more in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enlightening, Aug. 25 2013
Diana E. Young "Diana Young" (Vernon, B.C., Canada) - See all my reviews
I would highly recommend this non-fiction book by the author of the best-selling book Tipping Point – which I also loved. This book offers a unique view of “thinking without thinking”.

It presents a well researched look at how our “over-thinking” can be detrimental to us, and how we should listen more often to our “gut instincts” and intuition. This is especially true in this era of information overload, where we often find ourselves paralysed with so many options and choices.

Gladwell writes in a compelling manner that keeps you reading and gives you plenty to think about. You too will most likely find yourself nodding away with him throughout the book.

Diana Young, #1 Amazon best-selling author of Financial Fitness for Beginners and world traveler, currently sailing for six months each year in the South Pacific.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good insights, May 8 2013
This review is from: Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking (Paperback)
A bit long but as a whole, it's typical to Gladwell. Well researched and very good stories to back the facts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, Jan. 6 2013
This review is from: Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking (Paperback)
heard of the book from multiple people. Lived up to every expectation. I am reading all his books in order and just finished Blink. I would definitely read this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars You have less control than you think..., Jan. 24 2012
This review is from: Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking (Paperback)
I so enjoyed this book. As with all of Gladwell's material it is so easy to digest, and so entertaining through the case studies and interpretation. Contrary to some other reviews, I found the book flows very well. I will never forget some of the stories he presents, and of course, the over-riding theme is profound. Thank you Mr. Gladwell.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great TedTalk, boring book, Sept. 19 2014
This review is from: Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking (Paperback)
I started reading this book, but got bored, so I started to read the The Alchemist. I will finish it eventually, but it feels like I am reading a textbook with mini stories.

2.0 out of 5 stars Blink, blink, blink AD NAUSEUM, Aug. 8 2009
Gwen Hawkins (Ruby Lake, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking (Paperback)
Although the author offers an interesting approach toward making decisions, his continuing use of the same stories over and over again to illustrate his points drove me bonkers. Gladwell could (and should) have written the entire message in half the pages. He still would not have convinced me that his premise was correct, but at least I wouldn't have been bored. After reading The Tipping Point and Outliers, this book was a disappointment in both content and writing style.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another gem, Nov. 4 2014
a fascinating study of unconscious bias is and it's effect on decision-making. always a good read. on to the next.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking
Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell (Paperback - Dec 4 2006)
CDN$ 19.00 CDN$ 13.72