summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Home All-New Kindle sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

on August 15, 2010
The entire premise of this book is; if you repeat something a trillion times, the process gets so ingrained in your brain that at a certain point, you no longer have to consciously 'think' in order to make the best decisions. In other words, the best decisions become blink decisions.

Think about that for a minute. Was it really necessary to cite all those studies to prove that point? Like is this such a provocative idea that this book needs to be on the bestseller's list for god knows how long?

Let me share a story with you. I grew up playing NES, SNES, PS, etc. When you play a game for the first time, the controls of the game a unfamiliar, the gameplay is naturally stiff. But soon after you get used to pressing the buttons in such and such combination that will win you the game. Eventually, you get to a point where you no longer have to think about the buttons you press yet you can control the game environment. You get to a point where you can impose your will on the game. For example, timing for the combination moves for Tekken 3 is crucial. Of course at first I had trouble memorizing the buttons as well as timing. But after a while, this no longer becomes a conscious process and I can do the 10-hit King combo moves, throw my enemies around like rag dolls and win at will. Did I need Mr. Let-me-give-you-a-new-way-of-looking-at-the-world Malcolm Gladwell? I figured that out when I was 12.

You get my point. Of course the problem is all of Gladwell's books are this useless. Yet the part of the population that considers themselves 'well-read' can't get enough of him. And that is sadder than the man himself.
on May 3, 2016
It explained all of the things that I do, but do not know how!
on December 10, 2007
Wow! Finally I get to read a book that shows the other side of this coin. M. Gladwell makes a superb work at giving a different idea of how we make judgements and therefore, how we can manage under certain circumstances those belly messages (according to his book, perhaps, only perhaps, we should give more credit to them than we do...). Each reader can make his / her own interpretation of the cases presented and then, understand and apply to every particular experience. Every case presented in this book is (to say the least) fascinating... one of those books you can't stop reading once you opened it!
on November 4, 2007
I was riveted from start to finish. Gladwell reveals how we can become superior decision makers, in our homes, our workplaces, and in our daily lives. It's remarkable to realize that this book represents the life work of many brilliant researchers, most of whom we would never know except for this book. Gladwell has taken decades and volumes of highly technical research and made these concepts accessible to the average reader and anyone can see almost instantly how it applies to everyday situations we all encounter. I also highly recommend Understanding: Train of Thought.
on November 14, 2015
Great book, lots of insight into the human mind
on December 23, 2014
Another great book from Malcolm Gladwell!
on August 25, 2006
I picked this book up and read it, COMPLETELY not figuring out the fact that it was by the same guy who wrote THE TIPPING POINT. Doh! No wonder I liked it so much. I'm normally one to stick with fiction, but this is great stuff. With the state the world is in today, you must read this book, along with TTP. Both are great, but BLINK is the best by far. Would also recommend the book THE WORLD IS FLAT.
on December 1, 2015
Great service and quality product.
on April 10, 2016
By far the best book I have read
on July 27, 2015
very pleased, will deal again!