march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 3, 2016
It explained all of the things that I do, but do not know how!
on December 10, 2007
Wow! Finally I get to read a book that shows the other side of this coin. M. Gladwell makes a superb work at giving a different idea of how we make judgements and therefore, how we can manage under certain circumstances those belly messages (according to his book, perhaps, only perhaps, we should give more credit to them than we do...). Each reader can make his / her own interpretation of the cases presented and then, understand and apply to every particular experience. Every case presented in this book is (to say the least) fascinating... one of those books you can't stop reading once you opened it!
on November 4, 2007
I was riveted from start to finish. Gladwell reveals how we can become superior decision makers, in our homes, our workplaces, and in our daily lives. It's remarkable to realize that this book represents the life work of many brilliant researchers, most of whom we would never know except for this book. Gladwell has taken decades and volumes of highly technical research and made these concepts accessible to the average reader and anyone can see almost instantly how it applies to everyday situations we all encounter. I also highly recommend Understanding: Train of Thought.
on November 14, 2015
Great book, lots of insight into the human mind
on December 23, 2014
Another great book from Malcolm Gladwell!
on August 25, 2006
I picked this book up and read it, COMPLETELY not figuring out the fact that it was by the same guy who wrote THE TIPPING POINT. Doh! No wonder I liked it so much. I'm normally one to stick with fiction, but this is great stuff. With the state the world is in today, you must read this book, along with TTP. Both are great, but BLINK is the best by far. Would also recommend the book THE WORLD IS FLAT.
on December 1, 2015
Great service and quality product.
on April 10, 2016
By far the best book I have read
on July 27, 2015
very pleased, will deal again!
on January 17, 2010
"Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking" - The title had turned me off the book (too cutesy) for a long time, but I was pleasantly surprised once I ventured past the cover. It's basically about intuition/insight/different ways of arriving at conclusions, how it works, when it works, etc. Deals with conscious and unconscious ways of processing info, and how we toggle back and forth between the two. He describes the unconscious as being like a computer hard drive that is able to process much more (and different kinds of) info than our conscious minds can manage. If we try to think or analyze too much, we can actually lose insight. Sometimes less is more.

I would have liked more in-depth/scholarly coverage of the topic(s). Malcolm Gladwell is a journalist with no expertise (other than what his research has provided) in the things he is writing about. I think this lack is evident in the way some areas of the book were covered thinly and others seemed padded. Someone more knowledgeable would have been able to address the topics/areas in a more succinct and equitable manner, making for a more rewarding and seamless reading experience. What Gladwell has accomplished is that he has introduced some interesting and potentially useful concepts to the masses in a simplistic way. He has intrigued me enough to make me want to read more extensively on these topics by other authors. For this alone, I have given the book three stars.

Do I think this book will stand the test of time? - no
Do I think this book is well written? - no