Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Format: PaperbackChange

on November 29, 2014
Im a huge fan of Tina, but I think this book was overhyped or as a male Im the wrong audience because I found it interesting and snorted a laugh on occasion, but it just wasn't the amazing read i expected. i read a lot so perhaps my standards are higher than the average bathroom reader. Long first half about her at drama camp as nerd, but really much less interesting than stories my friends tell me over drinks about their own real-life misadventures. A few interesting insights about her work life in past few years, but the stuff you would get from a good article in a magazine. I struggled to give it 3 stars. If you consume books at the rate I do...heck why not throw it on your ereader
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 15, 2014
"Bossypants" is a fun read. I was really looking forward to a multitude of laughs but I have to say that I was slightly disappointed in that regard. There were definitely very funny sections but the book is not all laughs. Tina Fey's story and background insights into her own life were the most interesting parts for me. I appreciated reading her down to earth opinions of women's issues, the entertainment industry and relationships. From my reading perspective, Tina Fey, seems like the kind of boss or friend you would love to have. Kudos to her for writing a humorous and sincere account of her life so far.
on April 11, 2014
Love that this memoir is broken up into sections, so that you don't have to read them in order.

One of the stories I loved was when Tina Fey talked about how she was being nominated for some kind of Parenting Award by people who knew nothing about her parenting. She may or may not have felt particularly secure about her parenting skills at the time, which led her to make the decision she made (no spoilers here :).

Also, love the fact that Tina Fey never learned to drive:)! Makes her human:)!!!

Read the book, there is NOT A SINGLE REDUNDANT WORD in it!
on May 26, 2011
I love Tina Fey. I love 30 Rock. She is a genius when it comes to writing for SNL and 30 Rock and she is a solid actress. She is not a great author though. While i found there were some definite laugh-out-loud moments i was overall disappointed with this book. Perhaps her life is just not that interesting. I'm not really sure. If you are trying to decide between this book and say Ellen Degeneres' "The Funny Thing is..." then choose Ellen.
on August 12, 2011
Thought I'd try an audiobook for when I run - just for something new to try. The used CD arrived in perfect condition, plastic wrapped etc.

I am not usually one to read autobiographies but I heard that light comedy is easiest for running, much like upbeat music is easier for most people to run to than slow music. It's interesting to hear Tina Fey read her own book aloud as it's not the same as seeing her act on a TV show. I have laughed out loud a few times (I'm on Disc 1 of 5 so far). I do love 30 Rock so I assumed I would enjoy her book.
on August 2, 2011
This book is meant to be savoured. I recommend you read a few pages at a time, and then go back to your macrame.

Unfortunately, I gobbled the whole thing down in one sitting.

I especially enjoyed Tina's views on raising children (as in, do not teach them they are the centre of the universe. Teach them the opposite.)

A funny, highly intelligent memoir. I normally avoid celebrity memoirs by running 500 km in the other direction. But this one is definitely worth buying and reading.
on August 19, 2015
This book was awesome, I've actually read it probably two or three times since I bought it. I was never die-hard fan of Tina Fey but her writing is such a great combination of funny and smart. I especially enjoyed the chapters where she talks about Sarah Palin and the one where she responds to comments about her posted online. I also routinely recite "under, over, through" to myself when dealing with work issues. Thanks Tina!
on February 10, 2014
There is no question that this is THE book to buy if you're a fan of Tina Fey. Going through her days in Second City with Amy Poehler, to Saturday Night Live, to 30 Rock, as well as her experiences as a mother and wife and all the life in between. Tina is honest, funny, and oddly insightful in experiences we all share, even if we aren't all crazy-successful and hosting the Emmys. ;)
on July 7, 2015
I unreservedly recommend this book to anyone, it's hilarious. You will end up reading this right through to the end, and you'll be reluctant to race ahead, since it means you will only have so much left. It shows Tina Fey can do anything, she's one of those people who is great at everything

Its one of my favorite books of all time, I will re-read it
on June 27, 2013
I really enjoyed this read, although I wasn't sure I would. I mean I don't watch TV and although I knew about SLN and the whole Sarah Palin thing it wasn't like I was a groupie. But the book was laugh out loud funny and had a wonderful conflicted feminist message that a woman of my age could thoroughly enjoy. You won't be sorry if you download this.