5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly entertaining and fun!
What a treat it was to read this book--I couldn't put it down! Bossypants was charming, witty, and well-paced. Tina Fey delivered her life stories with such fun and humour that you can't help but laugh along. As a reader, you appreciate the selection of the great stories she chose to share. It was truly enjoyable to read the snapshots from her childhood to pursuing her...
Published on April 19 2011 by kyunlau

3.0 out of 5 stars Planet of the Earth
Funny, breezy autobiography with very little dirt and a surprising amount of practical advice on comedy (the two-page section on 'How to Successfully Improv' is gold, Jerry, pure gold!). Some of the stuff on Fey's Sarah Palin is pretty interesting as well, combining the personal (Palin offered to have Bristol baby-sit Fey's duaghter during their co-appearance on Ssaturday...
Published on Sept. 8 2011 by Jonathan Stover

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't meet the hype, Nov. 29 2014
This review is from: Bossypants (Kindle Edition)
Im a huge fan of Tina, but I think this book was overhyped or as a male Im the wrong audience because I found it interesting and snorted a laugh on occasion, but it just wasn't the amazing read i expected. i read a lot so perhaps my standards are higher than the average bathroom reader. Long first half about her at drama camp as nerd, but really much less interesting than stories my friends tell me over drinks about their own real-life misadventures. A few interesting insights about her work life in past few years, but the stuff you would get from a good article in a magazine. I struggled to give it 3 stars. If you consume books at the rate I do...heck why not throw it on your ereader

4.0 out of 5 stars Go Tina Fey!, Oct. 15 2014
books rock - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bossypants (Paperback)
"Bossypants" is a fun read. I was really looking forward to a multitude of laughs but I have to say that I was slightly disappointed in that regard. There were definitely very funny sections but the book is not all laughs. Tina Fey's story and background insights into her own life were the most interesting parts for me. I appreciated reading her down to earth opinions of women's issues, the entertainment industry and relationships. From my reading perspective, Tina Fey, seems like the kind of boss or friend you would love to have. Kudos to her for writing a humorous and sincere account of her life so far.

3.0 out of 5 stars Overrated, May 26 2011
This review is from: Bossypants (Hardcover)
I love Tina Fey. I love 30 Rock. She is a genius when it comes to writing for SNL and 30 Rock and she is a solid actress. She is not a great author though. While i found there were some definite laugh-out-loud moments i was overall disappointed with this book. Perhaps her life is just not that interesting. I'm not really sure. If you are trying to decide between this book and say Ellen Degeneres' "The Funny Thing is..." then choose Ellen.

4.0 out of 5 stars my first audiobook, Aug. 12 2011
YarnSqueezer (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bossypants (Audio CD)
Thought I'd try an audiobook for when I run - just for something new to try. The used CD arrived in perfect condition, plastic wrapped etc.

I am not usually one to read autobiographies but I heard that light comedy is easiest for running, much like upbeat music is easier for most people to run to than slow music. It's interesting to hear Tina Fey read her own book aloud as it's not the same as seeing her act on a TV show. I have laughed out loud a few times (I'm on Disc 1 of 5 so far). I do love 30 Rock so I assumed I would enjoy her book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, Aug. 2 2011
This review is from: Bossypants (Hardcover)
This book is meant to be savoured. I recommend you read a few pages at a time, and then go back to your macrame.

Unfortunately, I gobbled the whole thing down in one sitting.

I especially enjoyed Tina's views on raising children (as in, do not teach them they are the centre of the universe. Teach them the opposite.)

A funny, highly intelligent memoir. I normally avoid celebrity memoirs by running 500 km in the other direction. But this one is definitely worth buying and reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy the damn book!, Feb. 10 2014
This review is from: Bossypants (Hardcover)
There is no question that this is THE book to buy if you're a fan of Tina Fey. Going through her days in Second City with Amy Poehler, to Saturday Night Live, to 30 Rock, as well as her experiences as a mother and wife and all the life in between. Tina is honest, funny, and oddly insightful in experiences we all share, even if we aren't all crazy-successful and hosting the Emmys. ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, dorky, and endearing., April 23 2014
This review is from: Bossypants (Hardcover)
I never knew much about Tina Fey, and had only watched her on SNL or 30 Rock a few times, but this book made all of that irrelevant. Fey tells you everything you need to know about her life in a way that is hilarious and endearing. The book seemed all too short.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, Feb. 5 2014
This review is from: Bossypants (Paperback)
I didn't find this book as funny as I expected. Maybe because English is my second language and I just didn't get it at times :) Still, I read a lot of books and I don't find it difficult to understand them, so I have to conclude that this was just okay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious perfection, April 12 2013
J. Gross "cellar_door" (Edmonton, AB Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bossypants (Paperback)
Bossypants is brilliant. I can see how this phenomenal woman is truly behind some amazing SNL skits and 30 Rock with her both witty and ridiculous humour. This book got me through early days at home with my new baby.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tina Fey - Bossypants, Sept. 1 2011
This review is from: Bossypants (Hardcover)
She sounds like the picture of the kid on the back cover. Some chapters are funny, such as her responses to hate mail and her pray to her daughter. The chapter on her Sarah Palin skit and 30 Rock were interesting.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

Bossypants
Bossypants by Tina Fey (Paperback - Jan. 3 2012)
CDN$ 18.00 CDN$ 13.00