5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it
Published on March 31 2009 by S. Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning--Read with Happy Thoughts!
Published on Oct. 24 2006 by suzy q

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, March 31 2009
S. Brown - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paint It Black: A Novel (Paperback)
I just love how Janet Fitch gets so inside her characters' heads that it feels like we the reader are thinking and feeling everything in real time right along with them. She so beautifully portrays the human stuggle to find those rare fleeting moments of beauty where, just for a second, everything makes sense and is as it should be in a completely messed up world. This is great writing in my book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Paint It Black, Aug. 30 2007
While this book is dark and sad at times, it is also beautifully written and descriptive and impossible to put down. Janet Fitch takes you in and lays out a wonderfully story that is beautiful, ironic, sad, and inspiring.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprised, Sept. 25 2006
ER is me "b.c. reader" (Bella Bella, B.C. canada) - See all my reviews
I looked forward to this new novel by Janet Fitch, having waited such a long time since White Oleander.

This novel is so dark and sad, that it is almost painful to read. At the same time impossible to put down.

It does feel as if Fitch is writing from her own life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning--Read with Happy Thoughts!, Oct. 24 2006
I loved Ms. Fitch's first book 'White Oleander" and looked forward to an equally compelling read in her new novel. What I found however was a very depressing follow-up that gave little in the way of explanation of one of the major events that occur in the story. I don't want to spoil it for others but unless you are a very optimistic person, skip this one. It left me feeling depressed and frustrated.

Paint It Black: A Novel
Paint It Black: A Novel by Janet Fitch (Paperback - Oct. 3 2007)
CDN$ 16.25 CDN$ 11.73