Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: PaperbackChange

on June 28, 2010
I never read a book twice, because I have a great memory for the storylines - this entire trilogy I've read twice, it's going into my permanent book collection, and I expect to read the entire series again - for the 3rd time - this coming fall. I was hooked by the first page of the first book and could not pull myself away. I read while making and eating breakfast, I read at lunch time, I read at dinner time, I read in bed. I visited Weeks' website and all the fan-forums. OK, so I'm totally addicted.

This series is filled with the classic quest theme and classic and tragic heroes of all descriptions abound the pages. Characters are complex with an inner life and thought process that demonstrates Weeks ability to generate dynamic and full-fledged characters. My heart wanted to scoop Azoth, Doll Girl and Jarl out of the streets that they struggled to survive. As Azoth's apprenticeship to Durzo evolves, the relationship that starts out simply as master-apprentice - and a means of survival for Azoth - grows into much more for both characters and which culminates in the third book into mutual love and respect of an adult father-son relationship (no they are not related). Supporting characters are just as strong and intriguing.

You'll find these books are page-turners and the threads that go to create the fabulous tapestry of this story coloured by good, evil, hope, human struggle, faith, friendship, trust, personal sacrifice and belief that a better day will come.

Do yourself a favour and buy the trilogy. I bought the first book and then had to go back online three days later to get books two and three. I loaned the first book to a neighbour, who two days later was begging for the next in the series. We just had lunch today to discuss these books and Weeks' promise of a 4th book to come sometime in the future. How many times can you say that about a book?
on October 21, 2011
I bought this series after hearing from a friend that it was well written. I am quite a picky person when it comes to literature that I enjoy reading - and I must say, I'm quite impressed.

This series has just enough action to keep me going, and it doesn't slow down for too long before picking back up again. This series has unforgettable characters - all of which made me think differently of them numerous times. There are twists in the story line, and as a reader I never got bored.

My only problem with this series is the fact that there are no more novels involved. I can't wait to read Black Prism by the same author.
on March 7, 2011
What a great read! From start to finish the momentum at which I read increased through out each book. Like an insatiable hunger I needed to feed upon this dark, exciting and graphic story.

I picked up the first book by chance, out of a moment of boredom (the cover art drew me in!)and after reading the first 80 pages I knew i had to read all the books. I gave the first book to a friend then went out and bought the trilogy. I didnt think twice about having to pay for the first book twice.. truly worth it!

I cant wait for Brent Weeks to come back to these characters and spin another wondrously visceral tale.
on January 5, 2011
Loved the book, it was a very interesting twist on the genre and a unique look into the development of a hero (anti-hero?) Kylar is a memorable character and many of the books characters have a strong impact. The series was better and better as it went on, and the conclusion was both believable and entertaining.

I have also given it to my wife to read (who also loved it) and her sister received it for Christmas and read the whole series in under 2 weeks because it was so good.

Definitely a great read.
on January 11, 2011
The Night Angel Trilogy kept me reading late at night. Packed with strong characters, action, plotting, friendship and love. Unexpected turns after turns the story line never lets you down even if the events themselves are not unheard of in Fantasy literature. Brent Weeks' world is not as rich as George R.R. Martin's or Steven Erikson, but Night Angel will give you a darned good read. I wholeheartedly recommend it to every fantasy or action packed lover.
on March 10, 2011
I recently purchased this trilogy from amazon and I must say that it is absolutely amazing. I fired through the first book and am currently on the second. Throughout the book I found myself wondering what will happen next. What a page turner! Unsuspected events, dashed predictions, fantastic characters, great writing. I recommend this series to anyone looking for a different spin on the fantasy novel.
on September 26, 2012
Not groundbreaking, sure, but it was entertaining and told a good story. I felt that the war arc in the last book was a tad overreaching with not enough time for detail in order to keep page count down, but otherwise was a very good series.

Weeks could still improve, but for a breakout author, I was pleasantly surprised.
on October 17, 2014
This is an excellent series. The main characters are well developed and become real to the reader. The action starts from the first page and never ends. My son has read the series four times over a five year period...I had to buy him a second set because the novels were starting to fall apart.
on September 28, 2015
Best fantasy series I've read in a VERY long time! Highly recommend it! It will grab your attention and not let go - definitely a hard to put down serioes. Great job Brent Weeks! I had read his Lightbringer series and really enjoyed it but the Nigh Angel trilogy is even better!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon July 19, 2012
"Assassins have 'targets' because they sometimes miss; Wetboys have 'deaders' because they never miss."

I have read a lot of fantasy books, and these three were instantly added to my list of favourites (right up there with The Mistborn trilogy.)