5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Wonderful!, Feb. 19 2003
Colleen M. Schneider (San Lorenzo, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heart of the Home: Notes From a Vineyard Kitchen (Hardcover)
This is my favorite Susan Branch cookbook. I have made many of the dishes, with some of my favorites being the stuffed artichokes, gazpacho ( both of which are perfect for a light summer dinner), banana cream pie (Dad loved it for father's day), blueberry pie, apple crisp (on a cool fall evening), the cucumber-dill dressing (refreshing and wonderful for summer), home-made mayonnaise, chocolate cream puffs(made for a tea...looked elegant and was so easy to make), and the stuffed french bread (easy and fun to take to a potluck). I lean toward the dessert sections and appetizers the most, but all of the recipes are delicious. I love her notes about the dishes and little quotes and drawings throughout the book. This one is definitely a keeper and would be a great gift also. I now own all of her books and this is by far the one that I use the most.
Treat yourself....or someone you know...you'll be glad you did.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite cookbooks, Sept. 28 2002
Pat Crew (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
I found "Heart of the Home" accidently while shopping for something else at [local store]. Everything I've made from this cookbook has been excellent! The carrot cake is to die for! The book is also pretty to look at with all of her artwork, and her stories are endearing...makes you want to live on Martha's Vineyard. I've given this book to several friends, and they've all enjoyed it! One of my favorites.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful cookbook - a perfect gift, June 12 2000
Karin Vertefeuille (HEBRON, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This is not only a beautifully illustated cookbook, but it is a cookbook full of recipes that are not only easy to make, but delicious. The carrot cake is my favorite, although I have tried many of the recipes and have yet to find one I did not like. I have given this as a gift for birthdays, bridal showers and mother's day and have found that it is perfect for a "new" cook or experienced one!

5.0 out of 5 stars It taught me to cook delicious meals., May 6 1999
By A Customer
I received this book soon after I was married, when all I could cook were hot dogs. This book taught me that I can make easy, delicious meals that everyone wants the recipe for! I have given this book to at least 3 people and am buying it yet again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cookbook Ever!, April 22 1997
By A Customer
My Wife and I were given this book as a gift 6 years ago and we have purchased every book Susan Branch has produced ever since. Just about every dish we try in the book turns out to be a favorite. In addition, the artwork is hand done and exceptional. My advice to anyone is to buy this book

Heart of the Home: Notes From a Vineyard Kitchen
Heart of the Home: Notes From a Vineyard Kitchen by Susan Branch (Hardcover - Oct. 30 1986)
Used & New from: CDN$ 2.55