5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book it will change your life!
I was a Beta Tester for this book, I learned so much, lost 8" and 15 lbs while following the book. The Best part is Dr. Hyman breaks it down to focus on one skills a week to build on. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to feel healthy and alive!
Published on Feb. 16 2012 by Health Nut

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Preachy
Got very tired of being referred to his website(s) and for additional money you could have more and "better" information. It really took away from the important message about balanced program and going raw diet.
Published 22 months ago by Islandgirl

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book it will change your life!, Feb. 16 2012
This review is from: The Blood Sugar Solution: The UltraHealthy Program for Losing Weight, Preventing Disease, and Feeling Great Now! (Hardcover)

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Preachy, Oct. 22 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars The Blood Sugar Solution, April 26 2012
Wini - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
An excellent publication that is uncomplicated and easy to follow.
So many excellent ideas on how to lower your blood sugar, and lose weight.
Following this routine you will improve your life and the length of your life.
Individuals that are Diabetic know if you control your blood sugar you will have a better quality of life and a longer life.
You have only to look at the difference in former President Bill Clinton to see that it works.

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably good for the ignorant, Sept. 16 2013
I have a family member who is a diabetic. I fond only 20 pages of this book gave me information I was looking for, the rest was - for me - just filler material.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Blood Sugar Solution, June 17 2012
This book was recommended to me by my Naturopath doctor and I am now off insulin. What could possibly be better than that?

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised, March 28 2012
I am the first to admit that I approach any wellness book with a grain (OK, a pound) of salt. There will never be a magic meal plan or pill that will make a person lose weight and feel great. Any permanent results come from hard work ' eating healthy, whole foods and getting off the couch. I was not expecting too much from The Blood Sugar Solution, but was hoping to understand more about blood sugar levels and foods that help to stabilize it. This book, however, proved to be more. It was refreshing to read a book that challenged the reader to create his or her own health through education, nutrition, exercise and balanced self-care, including stress management and having fun.

I was overwhelmed with the number of questions given to evaluate present health and there are very few people I know who would not score off the charts and start to believe they were in imminent danger of hospitalization from some of the evaluations. However, once past Part 1, the advice given was balanced, practical and encouraging. I enjoyed learning about the natural supplements available and which foods were more toxic than others as well as the section on taking action to be more aware of health dangers in places of work, learning, worship and health care. Many of the recipes included in the meal plans look fantastic (Minty Hummus ' yum) and the website has many resources and links for further education.
While a little extreme in some areas, I was pleasantly surprised by a more reasonable approach to health and wellness. I will be passing this book along.

I give this book 4 stars out of 5.

I received this book free from Hachette Book Group. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational Book to Read if You are Serious in Beating Diabetes, Sept. 10 2013
The first "bible" I used when dealing with my newly-diagnosed diabetes was "Diabetes for Dummies", which was excellent in helping me to fight the disease. Two months later, as I was beginning to slacken off in following what I had learned from that book, I was lucky to then hear about Mark Hyman's "Blood Sugar Solution", which I bought. I was newly inspired to continue following the information in both books, and four months after having been diagnosed with diabetes, I had lost forty pounds, lost eight inches in belt size, and was no longer diabetic. I still follow what I learned from both books, though less strictly, and nine months since first being diagnosed as being diabetic, I am still diabetic-free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Live better and longer, May 13 2013
Have been using this guide and the Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook for 7 weeks have lost 17lbs and gained a whole new relationship with food, along with renewed health and energy. I would recommend this to anyone with any health concerns and for those who just want a healthier body and higher level of nutritious food intake. It does address a number of health issues not just high blood sugar, it is an excellent way to hit the reset button and start over with clean slate. The first couple weeks were a bit challenging but got easier each week, I have more energy and actually even deal with work stress much better. I just jumped in and got started right away before I could come up with a 100 excuses why I couldn't or it wasn't the right time (you know the drill) I did read through the book during the first two weeks and referred back many times after that. So if you want a better quality of life with a healthier body this may be program for you, it was for me I actually appreciate and enjoy food more then I ever did before.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 5 2014
Robin M. Hills (Canada) - See all my reviews
A great help in healthy weight loss program

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone needs to read this., May 13 2014
I recommend this book for everyone. Easy to read, uses various steps to help you stay on track. It explains why so many cannot loose weight no matter what they do.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›