biss boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: HardcoverChange

on November 5, 2010
I found out about this book after reading one of Seth Godin's Books (All marketers are liars). In the afterword he mentions how Gladwell is quite interesting. Having enjoyed 4 Godin books I thought I'd read this.

It was an interesting book, with many fun to read "case studies" as I'd like to call them.

If you are at all into psychology or enjoy marketing, then this books is for you
on May 5, 2011
I read this book because I enjoyed Outliers so much. Both demonstrate his exceptional ability as a journalist and storyteller. Regardless, I was disappointed that while Blink gave several examples of how experts are able to make rapid fire judgements, it had little practical information how the reader could ultimately apply the same methods successfully.
on January 24, 2012
I so enjoyed this book. As with all of Gladwell's material it is so easy to digest, and so entertaining through the case studies and interpretation. Contrary to some other reviews, I found the book flows very well. I will never forget some of the stories he presents, and of course, the over-riding theme is profound. Thank you Mr. Gladwell.
on November 3, 2015
Gladwell has opened my eyes to a world I never thought existed before I read blink. Filled with interesting stories about how quickly humans react in a situation and how to hack the "blink" response. His style is pleasurable to read and has helped to inform my writing style for English class papers
on February 8, 2015
Great Title and great concept.....Too many examples ....
You lost me with the Trombonist story. The other chapters seemed like Ground Hogs Day.
Perhaps you should have delved into how someone could use the blink system in there lives.
Sorry but I am disappointed.
on July 13, 2014
Helped me recognize how brain washed I am and have been from childhood, gives me the room to be wrong without it being about intelligence or aptitude. I am no longer driven " to die to be right or to have the answers".
on September 19, 2014
I started reading this book, but got bored, so I started to read the The Alchemist. I will finish it eventually, but it feels like I am reading a textbook with mini stories.
on January 6, 2013
heard of the book from multiple people. Lived up to every expectation. I am reading all his books in order and just finished Blink. I would definitely read this book.
on August 8, 2009
Although the author offers an interesting approach toward making decisions, his continuing use of the same stories over and over again to illustrate his points drove me bonkers. Gladwell could (and should) have written the entire message in half the pages. He still would not have convinced me that his premise was correct, but at least I wouldn't have been bored. After reading The Tipping Point and Outliers, this book was a disappointment in both content and writing style.
on August 24, 2015
Mr Gladwell is a story teller , Blink is about the experience of others.

written without thinking great for a university social work course