5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful tiny drawings, March 11 2002
I have always enjoyed making tiny drawings in the borders of my notebooks at school. And as an adult I still doodle during meetings. This book is for those who love to doodle. It shows you how to make the coolest little doodles and drawings of everything! There are hundreds of people, buildings, vehicles, boats, and animals to draw. An as always no one teaches you an easier way than Ed Emberly! This is the best series of books for learning to draw, and when you want to thinkl about drawing for more than just fun you can move up the the Jack Hamm books, the logical next step after you finsih all of these. As an adult, I still love this book. I love it more now that it makes my 5 year old so happy that he can draw such neat things as castles, with dragons and knights in 2 minutes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great one, for all ages., Jan. 31 2001
Blake Watson "===Blake===" (Winnetka, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I'm a fan of all the Emberly books and if you have any interest in drawing or if you have kids, I can't recommend them strongly enough.
This one spans a wide range of ages, maybe the widest in the series. It perhaps won't reach as young as the thumbprint book, but because the drawings are designed to be small parts of a larger world, they're even simpler than those found in other books, and that can be very appealing to the young ones.
Older kids can exercise their imagination and skills by, as the books says, making a world. They'll be able to explore other things like composition and theme (however unconsciously) because the drawings they're using for their picture will be easy for them to render.
If I had a wish, it's that there would be more example landscapes in this book. The book is quite short, and the only example of combining pictures is on the last page. But the last page is inspirational and I would've liked more.
Nonetheless, this is a five-starrer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandma watches the next generation loving this book., Oct. 28 1999
By A Customer
As a grandmother, it really tickles me to have the sons of my sons choosing this book as their "bestest" book. The subject detail and appeal is able to carry over 30 years and offer our 2 and 3 year olds the same hours of pleasure as their Daddys.They also like to see their Dads' names written on the inside covers. Thanks Ed Emberley!

5.0 out of 5 stars Look back at fun and terrific drawing book, June 19 2002
Patrick L. Randall (Silver Spring, MD) - See all my reviews
"Ed Emberly's Drawing Book: Make a World" really takes me back. From my earliest days in elementary school (early 80's), I remember this book. I did not then, nor do I know, have any appreciable artistic talent. Yet, this book made very common objects, people, and places very easy to draw with a fundamental step-by-step instruction. It gave even the least talented wanna-be artist an outlet for creative production. I simply loved this book. I had it checked out of the school library (with constant renewals) for almost an entire school year until the librarians put their foot down. My parents were kind enough to buy me my own copy, and I carried it with me every day. Even when I wasn't drawing, the setup of the book is creative enough so that a reader can almost come up with their own stories based on the drawings. I have no idea where my old copy of this book is, but you can be sure that I am psyched to buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit different from some of ed's books...., Aug. 29 2001
T. Reinhardt "olivia lee" (east coast) - See all my reviews
I really liked this book very much and bought it for my son... I was so excited to give it to him. He has many of ed emberlys books. But you know, he really doesnt like it.... I think i know why tho. This book has many many pictures of alot of things that can be used to combine to make larger more scenic pictures... I thought that having all of those choices was a great thing. I think that my son likes having the pictures larger as they are in ed's other books... and they are also somewhat more detailed in the other books. Now, that said... this is still my favorite ed book... and perhaps my son will like it more in time... I just wanted to mention it is a bit different than some of ed's other books...

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Drawing Book., March 6 1998
I can easily remember the dozens of times I took this book out from the library when I was a kid. I would draw for hours. There wasn't anything that this book didn't tell you how to draw. Cars, boats, houses, people, bridges, and hundreds of other objects. And the best part about the book is how easy everything is. Any kid who has the ability to draw lines, curves and circles can draw everything in this book. From chairs and desks to fancy boats with many sails, from bicycles and tricycles to tractors and tractor trailers, this book had it all. I would recommend this book to people of all ages. It is guaranteed to keep any young artist occupied for hours on end. The best book of its kind.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Drawing Book Ever, April 29 1998
By A Customer
I recently went back to the library that I went to as a kid (I'm 30 now), and, without even looking it up, I remembered the exact location of Ed Emberley's book. I had checked it out so many times and spent so many hours with it that I knew what was on every page before I turned it. The possibilities it offers to a young kid to express themselves confidently and easily through drawing is amazing. Just by putting together simple shapes, the book enables kids (and nostalgic 30 year-olds) to draw whatever thay can imagine. Better get the harcover version, because kids will wear this book out. The best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Teach, Easy to Copy, Jan. 22 2011
Ce commentaire est de: Ed Emberley's Drawing Book: Make a World (Paperback)
My daughters (ages 6 and 8) could easily relate to the methods in the book, without my guidance.
I am planning to use this book to teach both kids how to draw.

Best thing I like about this book is that it works like a fundamental kids spelling book; -- when they want to draw a horse and cart, they will look for "horse and cart" in the book, start from the basic shapes, then within minutes, they will have a decent horse and cart diagram, and all created by themselves!

Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful creative book for children, Feb. 28 1999
This book is wonderful for children (and the adults that receive their drawings). I had this book as a child and rember spending days drawing entire worlds for my grandparents. As with all Ed Emberley books it shows that you do not have to know how to draw to draw. This encourages children to explore their creativity without worrying if their drawing look like what they want it to look like. I'm planning to buy this book for my Spanish speaking god child, this is a book that goes far beyond the limits of language.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for young and old, May 4 1999
By A Customer
I have given this book away more times than I can count. Sometimes as an intentional gift, other times I share it with a child in a waiting room or on an airplane, and they're so taken with it I have to let them keep it! It's a fun system that lets anyone draw charming little scenes with immediate success. Great introduction before moving on to more advanced books by others such as Lee Ames, Mark Kistler and Betty Edwards. But, the truth is, I love this book, too, and have fun with it all the time.

Ed Emberley's Drawing Book: Make a World
Ed Emberley's Drawing Book: Make a World by Ed Emberley (Paperback - April 5 2006)
CDN$ 7.99 CDN$ 7.59