5.0 out of 5 stars best photoshop book!
I've got several photoshop books. This book is by far the best. The author makes advanced techniques very understandable. The book also has a cd tutorial which you can use the book to follow along with. The author's enthusiasm is contagious.
Published on March 19 2004 by Carol J. Burger

3.0 out of 5 stars The Show Must Go On
I am a big fan of Russel Brown and I must say I have learned a lot of sophisticated tips from him over the years.
Published on Oct. 14 2003 by randy31

5.0 out of 5 stars best photoshop book!, March 19 2004
Carol J. Burger (Danville, IL United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun!, Jan. 13 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Photoshop Show Starring Russell Brown (Paperback)
If you're tired of boring books about Photoshop, check this one out. This guy's enthusiasm and energy is infectious, and he encourages you to have fun while learning. The videos are interesting, and you can follow the steps in the book on the files they've included. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn while you laugh, Jan. 8 2004
This review is from: The Photoshop Show Starring Russell Brown (Paperback)
Are you tired of text-heavy, dreary tech books? Well I am. I've got shelves and shelves of them collecting dust. I recommend Mr. Brown's book for anyone who, like I am, is weary of the aforementioned, and needs some "edutainment." I can pick this book up and open to any page and grab information helpful in my work. Thanks for the tips, and I think you are a groovy Elvis.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Photoshop Show (Not Broadway Bound!), Dec 3 2003
Alvin Thompson (Bronx, New York USA) - See all my reviews
The Photoshop Show
Russell Brown book is not ready for prime time. As a big fan of Mr. Brown's work with Adobe, his tutorials from his websites [...] and a member of the Photoshop Hall Of Fame. I expected more from a book with Mr. Brown all duded up in a tux. The first chapter Pinfeathers contained some useful information about working with channels, but hardly Broadway material.
Chapter 2 seeing in Black and White was a bore. Chapter 4 Digital Shaving shows you how to use the dust and scratches filter to remove five o'clock shadow, interesting but the
usefulness escapes me .The part I liked the most in this book wasn't even Russell work, A guess artist John McConnell saves the book from being a total lost with the tutorial in chapter 8. Morph the face was the kind of Photoshop magic I expected to see Russell weave. It show creative ways to use the liquefy filter, Exaggerating facial features, using the levels adjustment for creative coloring and altering the skin color.
All in all the Photoshop Show had a short run.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Show Must Go On, Oct. 14 2003
"randy31" (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Photoshop Show Starring Russell Brown (Paperback)
That being said, first of all I enjoyed the Photoshop Show, and did notice some interesting approaches to solving some visual issues like the play when converting from colour to black and white. Also interesting was the use of channels as an extra sketch board for creating selections. With Russel's unique position with Adobe and years of experience training students, I may be wrong but I expected a whole lot more with respect to the underpinnings of this application. At the end though I felt as if I had just read a Walt Disney book for kids, you know the 8-12 page kind that makes money for Disney but leaves the children wishing for more. And I'm sorry the practice files were only able to open in PS 6. Your next attempt Russel should the Show go on, it must have more depth. ps: Your inclusion of videos works!

ARRAY(0xb501bba0)

The Photoshop Show Starring Russell Brown
The Photoshop Show Starring Russell Brown by Russell Brown (Paperback - Sept. 22 2003)
CDN$ 37.00 CDN$ 23.31
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available