5.0 out of 5 stars A truely amazing book...
I am a embedded software developer, not a web developer. I have been always interested in UI design, and I simply just picked up this book based on the reviews. (I consider web page design to be mostly UI design. :-)

Published on Nov. 11 2006 by J. M. Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, poor binding
The content is great and the book lives up to its reputation.
I am very unhappy with the binding (New Riders) for this 2nd edition, however. Not more than an hour into reading the book the binding is falling apart at several places. Now I have a book I thought I'd keep a long time barely being kept together with several pieces of scotch tape.
Published on Sept. 10 2007 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, poor binding, Sept. 10 2007
This review is from: Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability (2nd Edition) (Paperback)
The content is great and the book lives up to its reputation.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truely amazing book..., Nov. 11 2006
J. M. Lee - See all my reviews

It is very easy to read. The author's writing is crisp. No useless whiz/buzz-word talk. The author's very insightful with respect to his field. I think the insights given in this book applies to other industries as well. For example, "throw out half of the words, and throw out half of what's left" section should be applied to any technical documentation. (The chapter basically says, "cut the crap, get to the point.")

Thanks for the good read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and very useful book, April 23 2013
I thought this book was great. It was full of great tips and examples, written in an informal, easy-to-digest fashion. Lots of ideas that you could put into practice right away and explained very clearly. Terrific if you want to get right down to work on your website and make some quick and easy changes. Also good ideas for longer term stuff. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Provides some good principles to follow, Jan. 11 2013
The book provides some basic usability advice and conventions that can be applied to a web property to increase user experience. It is an easy book to read and can be consumed in a few hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, Feb. 15 2012
What can I say, this book is great if you have a small budget and you need to get results on a dime. The authors approach is very practical and just makes sense. I liked the book so much, I bought the sequel. I will admit that some of the examples are a little out of date, but Steve's approach towards usability goes beyond examples and really makes you think about the user. Other resources you might like are Jakob Neilsons' useit.com (also quoted in this book). Hope you enjoy this book as much as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very eye-opening, March 17 2014
K. Schwende - See all my reviews
This book does a great job of illustrating how people use the internet, what they are looking for, and what they will avoid. This is great information for marketers, small business owners, everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book on the basics of web design, Nov. 17 2013
Great book on the main things to consider when developing a website. As someone new to web design, I found this book's explainations of all the aspects of making a website to be clear and concise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Web Design Book, Aug. 15 2013
This book has a lot of helpful tips and very informative. I find it helpful to know what is good for the web and it has examples of good websites versus bad ones. A bit lengthy still. I like the visuals in this. It helps to explain what the author is referring to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Usability For Dummies for the Business Guy, July 27 2013
Christopher Hollister "CH" (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
I bought the Kindle version of this book. At the time I was desperate to figure out how to build one of these seemingly mythical 'usable' web apps. The book was the right fit at the right time. Our team was in the middle of designing webpages where I was the least knowledgeable person. This helped me see issues we were facing, like trying to cram all types of things on the home page above the fold.

Making the purchase was easy, I got the sample than it seemed like exactly what I needed to solve my lack of usability knowledge. I recommend to all internet entrepreneurs who are the 'business guy' trying to understand web development.

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent, July 24 2013
Bought this book for 1st semester of Business Communications and used it NEVER. Was told to read it, but felt completely pointless.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa8aaaa74)

Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability (2nd Edition)
CDN$ 42.00 CDN$ 26.33