5.0 out of 5 stars A truely amazing book...
I am a embedded software developer, not a web developer. I have been always interested in UI design, and I simply just picked up this book based on the reviews. (I consider web page design to be mostly UI design. :-)

Published on Nov. 11 2006 by J. M. Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, poor binding
The content is great and the book lives up to its reputation.
I am very unhappy with the binding (New Riders) for this 2nd edition, however. Not more than an hour into reading the book the binding is falling apart at several places. Now I have a book I thought I'd keep a long time barely being kept together with several pieces of scotch tape.
Published on Sept. 10 2007 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A truely amazing book..., Nov. 11 2006
J. M. Lee - See all my reviews
This review is from: Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability (2nd Edition) (Paperback)

It is very easy to read. The author's writing is crisp. No useless whiz/buzz-word talk. The author's very insightful with respect to his field. I think the insights given in this book applies to other industries as well. For example, "throw out half of the words, and throw out half of what's left" section should be applied to any technical documentation. (The chapter basically says, "cut the crap, get to the point.")

Thanks for the good read!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, poor binding, Sept. 10 2007
The content is great and the book lives up to its reputation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book. Short, sweet and very informative!, Dec 11 2009
Don't Make Me Think by Steve Krug and Prioritizing Web Usability by Jakob Nielsen are two great books on web usability. I own both, and without hesitation I would recommend them if you wish to improve your websites for your visitors.

If your are directly involved with designing websites, usability, or analytics, I would recommend Jakob's book to you. However, if you are an online marketer or a businessman in a hurry wanting to learn important aspects of usability, to see how it could effect your website, its appeal and ROI, Steve's book is a short, sweet and informative asset to your business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and very useful book, April 23 2013
I thought this book was great. It was full of great tips and examples, written in an informal, easy-to-digest fashion. Lots of ideas that you could put into practice right away and explained very clearly. Terrific if you want to get right down to work on your website and make some quick and easy changes. Also good ideas for longer term stuff. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Provides some good principles to follow, Jan. 11 2013
The book provides some basic usability advice and conventions that can be applied to a web property to increase user experience. It is an easy book to read and can be consumed in a few hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, Feb. 15 2012
What can I say, this book is great if you have a small budget and you need to get results on a dime. The authors approach is very practical and just makes sense. I liked the book so much, I bought the sequel. I will admit that some of the examples are a little out of date, but Steve's approach towards usability goes beyond examples and really makes you think about the user. Other resources you might like are Jakob Neilsons' useit.com (also quoted in this book). Hope you enjoy this book as much as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-Read for web designers, May 4 2009
Peter Rorlick - See all my reviews
I design web applications (not web sites) for a living. Although this book is aimed at web site designers, much of the insight and advice in this book also applies to web app design. This book is enjoyable and easy to read. Reading this book made ME think - in a good way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Sept. 22 2009
K. Gagel "Network Admin." (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
I found this to be a great book! It was insiteful and intuitive, best of all it provided decades of experience in web design do's and don'ts. It just seemed to be packed from front to back with insightful little nuggets of golden info.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great reference but index needs a little beefing up, March 23 2006
By A Customer
This is a great reference with lot's of good practical information, but I'm kind of disappointed with the index. It's very skimpy, which makes it hard to find specific information. That's why I give it only 4 stars and not 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite book on this topic., Sept. 8 2014
Krug breaks down design issues into the logically simplest terms that are easy to convey on to clients and project teams. You would think that many of his points were self-evident or even obvious, but they just are not.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability (2nd Edition)
CDN$ 42.00 CDN$ 26.33