5.0 out of 5 stars Everything it promises and more
My wife has just discovered an interest in photography, and she has a natural eye for it, but was lacking the instruction necessary to become better at her own pace. All of my more advanced Photoshop and photo editing books (I'm a professional illustrator and cartoonist) have proven to be quite intimidating for her, as she was just looking to get started without being...
Published on Oct. 3 2006 by Patrick N. Lamontagne

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but simple tips
This book is a really easy read. I enjoyed some of the tips and samples, and the humour is great. If you're looking for really simple tips without any explanation [note that he does this intentionally], I think this is definitely a good choice. The writing style and organization was really clear and well-done, but unfortunately the information in the book sometimes...
Published on May 6 2009 by Tammy

4.0 out of 5 stars A great intro to the photography world!, June 13 2007
S. Ciampa "sal" (Oak Ridges, Ontario CANADA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book (Paperback)
Some people just so ____________. This book is NOT a book for the professional who knows everything about photography.

I'm a newbie to the photography world and this book was awesome! It had alot to say about catching landscapes to shooting weddings. It was a big help and now I have a mucgh clearer and better understanding of the settings found in my camera.

The book offers alot of tips and Scott Kelby is a fantastic auther. I own photoshop books from Scott and they are a big help too. My point is this, Scott makes it easy to read and understand. Pick it up if you want to get started in photography, it's a big help!

5.0 out of 5 stars the most expensive book I've ever purchased, Feb. 1 2011
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book (Paperback)
I purchased all three books for my husband for xmas... he was an amateur photographer with somewhat of an interest in photography. The first book inspired him to buy a good tripod. He loved the second book so much he bought a DSLR camera. I can't wait to see what the third book inspires...

4.0 out of 5 stars hands-on and practical, April 20 2010
Gromit (Québec, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book (Paperback)
The author's humor is a bit annoying, but this is a very "hands-on" book for the beginner/intermediate photographer who wants to push further with his DSLR. Lots of tricks which will accelerate greatly your photography learning, especially if you've fiddled a bit with your camera.

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not for beginners, Oct. 14 2010
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book (Paperback)
Good book but not really for beginner SLR camera users. Thought some of the language was a little in depth, didnt want to take a course just wanted to get good pictures. Really did help give great hints and ideas on how to take great shots in different settings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Helpful Book, Jan. 1 2011
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book (Paperback)
Just bought my first SLR camera and this book was EASY to read and follow. I also like his humour. Taking pictures should be fun and this book made it so and it gave me the confidence to pick up my camera and just start shooting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Sept. 23 2013
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book (Paperback)
I love it so much that I gave this copy to my dad and bought myself the box set!! Get the box set!

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it a lot, Aug. 29 2013
MAK (BC) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book (Paperback)
I liked this book. I think there are better books are there for sure but this one is better than most and definitely a book worth reading. It is an easy read and adds a bit of humor into the mix as well. I do recommend it to any photo nut or those just starting out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful and easy to read, July 1 2013
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book (Paperback)
Nice to get a photography book that gives you help with subject matter and lighting and shadows and where to focus on different shots, rather than telling you how to use your camera.

The writing can be a little irritating if you don't have his sense or humour but the info has helped a lot. I have gone through it several times, even underlining all the salient points that will help. The chapters are all about different subject matters like portraits, weddings, country, buildings, when to take pictures, where to focus the lens etc.

Helpful to all levels

5.0 out of 5 stars must read for newbies, March 13 2013
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book (Paperback)
this book is an awesome resource. Definitely suggest it as a read for anyone buying a DSLR that wants to take better photos. Fast shipping as always.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, March 9 2013
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book (Paperback)
There are definitely some good tips here. It was a little less in depth than I'd hoped though. I could make it through the whole book in an hour Probably good as a quick reference to keep in the camera bag..

The Digital Photography Book
The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby (Paperback - Aug. 23 2006)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01