march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

on November 7, 2011
I love Scott Kelby's books! I got this one awhile back and loved it. he is so good at explaining techniques in a way that you can totally understand! He also doesn't try to sell you expensive equipment and tells you ways to get stuff at affordable prices if you can't afford the expensive stuff. If I remember correctly-he tells you when it is ok to go for cheaper alternatives and when it is important to buy quality stuff because sometimes it really does make a huge difference. his tips are so useful as well. I learned a lot from this book!
on February 11, 2013
My wife is an excellent beginner/amatuer photographer so i bought this for her to expand her knowledge. I like the format and would probably buy the others in the series but as they say you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. I have browsed the pages as I will treat myself to that camera this year and like the way you can flick through the pages and if a photo takes your fancy you can just read how to take a similar photo without a lot of unnecessary extra info. I like it.
on March 9, 2008
Want to raise your photo level by a "big" step, this is a must. Easy to read - every page is a useful tip - and he also provides insights on what to buy for your tiny or no limit budget when you start in this domain in regards to lenses, accessories, etc. I found also that many tips were not only aimed at DSLR owners also, so everyone can benefit.

Save on shipping and buy volume 2 at the same time. You won't regret it as volume 2 has a whole section on how to use your flash the right way.
on May 30, 2010
Having read several photography books and many magazine and online tutorials, it's hard to rate this book with anything but 5 stars! Being a seasoned photographer is a prerequisite for anyone writing a book on the subject, however Scott Kelby also has the unique ability to convey complex concepts by using simple and easy to understand terms. I've never felt as confident in taking photos as I am after reading this book. If you're going to buy one book on photography, this should be it!
on March 26, 2015
This little book is amazing. It is the best book I can think of for some one starting out in digital photography, but it also has plenty for an experienced photographer. The writing is brief, most subjects are handled with a half page or a one page of text; like recipes . Each idea is represented by brief text and at least one illustration. It is the first in a series that is a great set of books one may use to learn both basic and advanced photographic techniques.
on June 13, 2007
Some people just so ____________. This book is NOT a book for the professional who knows everything about photography.

I'm a newbie to the photography world and this book was awesome! It had alot to say about catching landscapes to shooting weddings. It was a big help and now I have a mucgh clearer and better understanding of the settings found in my camera.

The book offers alot of tips and Scott Kelby is a fantastic auther. I own photoshop books from Scott and they are a big help too. My point is this, Scott makes it easy to read and understand. Pick it up if you want to get started in photography, it's a big help!
on April 28, 2011
Although this book is written in the "______ for dummies" style of humour, it is an excellent book. It is easy light reading and hard to put down. I've been taking photos for years but still found that I could learn much from this author's simple tips. Besides, you can't beat the online price! My book is marked "$29.99 in Canada".
on December 31, 2011
Scott Kelbyès books on digital photography are always informative and helpful. I bought this one for a friend who is just starting out in digital photography and already he has benefited from using this book. It explains things in a straightforward manner and is easy to follow. Good product, great price!
on October 29, 2015
Scott has a great writing style that will help even a seasoned photographer pick up some extra tips and tricks under their hat after reading. Most tips are a page, so easy to assimilate and refer back to. It is no wonder he is one of the best! This book lead me to buy all the books of the series!
on February 1, 2011
I purchased all three books for my husband for xmas... he was an amateur photographer with somewhat of an interest in photography. The first book inspired him to buy a good tripod. He loved the second book so much he bought a DSLR camera. I can't wait to see what the third book inspires...