5.0 out of 5 stars If you only get 1 book....
If you only get one book on digital photography, then get Volume 1. If you get two, then pick this one up next. Scott Kelby's approach to this subject is much better than other books on the same topic. One topic per page, and very easy to digest. Read it once, go play, and then in a month or two, come back and read it again.
Published on Sept. 30 2008 by Damon Brodie

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok read but not as good as the 1st
Published 13 months ago by MAK

5.0 out of 5 stars If you only get 1 book...., Sept. 30 2008
Damon Brodie (Ottawa, Ontario) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of handy tips, April 14 2008
iqi616 (Ottawa, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book, Part 2 (Paperback)
I'd never really mastered using window light for portraits until I read this book. Following the tips on pages 85, 88, 89, 91, 93, 94, 96, and 97 gave me solid results the first time I tried it. Now I can be confident of taking acceptable portraits and I will find it easier to ask people to pose without worrying about looking stupid. Those tips alone were worth the price of the book and the other tips are a bonus.

Some people might find the tips "obvious" but there were enough new ones to make it worthwhile for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying, June 14 2014
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book, Part 2 (Paperback)
All his books are good if you are more interested in composition that how to use the nobs on the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the whole series!, May 7 2014
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book, Part 2 (Paperback)
After reading Scott's first book in this series, I went out and bought all that was available to soak up the golden nuggets to improve my shooting. What sets average photographers apart from exceptional is quality time behind the camera, and strategies to keep improving. That is exactly what you will get by buying books from the Digital Photography series!

4.0 out of 5 stars wets the appetite for more ideas, Oct. 12 2013
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book, Part 2 (Paperback)
I love reading the ideas and suggestions to improve my photos. Love the author's sense of humour too - the books aren't "dry" or boring.

3.0 out of 5 stars An ok read but not as good as the 1st, Aug. 29 2013
MAK (BC) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book, Part 2 (Paperback)
I preferred the 1st one far more. This book is worth a read but I just don't think it's necessarily worth it if you own the 1st. A lot of what is in here was covered in book 1 and the new stuff you have probably read in other books. It's an okay book and if you can get it on sale it definitely isn't a waste. I just don't think it's as good as the 1st and not sure it will really teach you something new if you've read other books.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Digital Photography Vol2, Jan. 20 2012
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book, Part 2 (Paperback)
Good support and additional information if you have already bought and read volume 1. It repeats some information but the one it doesn't is valuable.
Excellent for a beginner level like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREATER AS IT GOES, Jan. 30 2010
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book, Part 2 (Paperback)
As far as Vol II goes it gets more in depth and specific towards the tips it gives. Totally easy to read and comprehend. Has a sort of way to it that keeps your from putting it down. I even highlighted certain sections to reference them later. Will definitely recommend this and the other 2 titles in this series. I only wish someone told me to get these beforehand and I would of bought the boxed set. ENJOY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have, Sept. 29 2011
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book, Part 2 (Paperback)
I already had The Digital Photography-Volume One and found it so informative that I had to have Volume 2.
This book give lots of useful tips and ideas for getting the most out of your digital camera. For anyone who enjoys photography & wants to learn insider tips this is the collection of books to have. For sure I will be ordering Vol 3 soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, March 21 2009
G. Schienbein (AB Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book, Part 2 (Paperback)
I hadn't heard of this book before I bought it, but wanted to get something to supplement an old curriculum we're using in school. This is perfect. Easy to read and understand, written to take you easily through various elements of digital photography. Very user friendly. EXCELLENT tips and hints for taking the perfect picture within your budget.

The Digital Photography Book, Part 2
The Digital Photography Book, Part 2 by Scott Kelby (Paperback - Dec 27 2007)
CDN$ 25.99 CDN$ 16.29