biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools vd2016beauty ca_ty_gno

on October 8, 2015
I love love love this book. As a passionate logo designer I couldn't put it down and read it in one day.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2014
I purchased this book under a recommendation of a teacher of mine who showed it to me. It's a very easy read, takes only a day or two. That said, it's filled with fantastic information, not just for starting graphic designers such as myself, but for experienced professionals as well. A great insight into what logos are, the correct design process to use, what to ask during a brief with a client and how communicate with each other to achieve a successful relationship, and a suggestion on how to charge for your services, etc... it's very much to the point and direct, with great insight into how to design a relevant logo that not only stands out but you and your client will love. I will most definitely be reading this book more then once.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2012
Purchased for a graphic design student, the book was full of useful information for her and was a hit. Book arrived very quickly and in excellent condition.
on August 30, 2012
I was very surprised to see that this book is as much about managing your clients and your own business than it is about designing logos but I love it anyway. Lots of good ideas and logo design reminders (such as mind mapping, spending lots of time on your research, focusing on one thing, staying motivated, etc). Lots of great logos! I would have liked more about brand identity but I guess there are other books for that.

This book will not tell make you a good logo designer if you are a beginner but if you already are a designer, it will probably inspire you, help you get better and give you good pieces of advice on how to price your work, interact with your clients and manage your projects.

I love it and I am now another addict to the blog. Thanks David! :-)
on February 22, 2012
Concised way and summarised main and common processes in logo design. Good information for the beginner. Very pocket book to look at on train and plane.
on November 1, 2010
This is a very helpful book for anyone who is interested in logo design.
It's easy to ready and I appreciate the author's down-to-earth attitude.
on October 26, 2010
One of my favourite works on logo design. David Airey is inspiring for many self-employed designers.
on June 29, 2010
"The toughest person to please in any logo design project should be the designer who creates the work."

As a seasoned brand identity designer, I couldn't agree more.

This valuable reminder, quoted by Malcolm Grear on page 29, sets the tone early in David Airey's book, Logo Design Love.

Designed as both a learning tool and a set of case studies, Airey bridges a wide array of logo examples with the creative thinking process of identity design. You'll gain valuable insight into asking the right questions from the start, learn constructive ways of working with your clients, and become proficient in how to present your ideas during the various phases of a project. Each section brings a new aspect of branding identity to the forefront.

You won't get specific answers to the ages-old "How much should I charge" conundrum, but rather good food for thought in arriving there.

It's an enjoyable read, based on the author's own successful blog, Logo Design Love. The book showcases the best of Airey's 500+ blog posts. As well, don't miss his top 10 questions answered and 25 logo design tips towards the back of the book!

David Airey is a Northern Irish graphic designer who currently maintains two blogs: [...] and [...]
PS ' Congrats to David on his recent wedding and kudos to the beautiful wedding photography capturing the day.
on March 25, 2010
I read this book with such an ease. I think it's the first Graphic Design book i finished reading. I found it very useful. It answered a lot of questions i had and made me think about certain details i usually leave on the side. I would say that the most important thing, is that this book gave me my motivation back.

Good job David!
on February 27, 2010
A very easy to read, beautifully laid out book. An excellent behind the scenes look at what goes into the logo design process.