5.0 out of 5 stars Economics: Canada in the global environment
Book is in a good condition, as described. Shipping time is as promised, arrived just in time, good packaging. Excellent seller! Highly recommended
Published on Nov. 14 2011 by Novita

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful
I'm using this book for my first year university Micro and Macro classes.

The book is written horribly, with using the most complex and absurd methods of explaining things. I spent hours trying to understand the concepts of elasticity of supply and demand, only to have a 8 minute youtube video do a MUCH better job than this book.

I can only use this...
Published 21 months ago by Student

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, July 16 2012
Ce commentaire est de: Economics: Canada in the Global Environment with MyEconLab, 7E (Paperback)
I'm using this book for my first year university Micro and Macro classes.

I can only use this book in conjunction with supplementary material.

The book is full of spelling and grammar errors, and annoyances such as explaining a diagram in detail that's on the previous page, thus constantly switching back and forth.

One has to ask, what the heck would I do without the internet or other resources - ie I was trapped on a tropical island and learning economics with this textbook was somehow important to my survival...god the horror.

If this book along with the study guide wasn't $280, I would most certainly enjoy burning it after the semester...Instead I think I'll just write a letter to Pearson requesting whoever was involved with writing this to seek a new profession. Clearly, guiding/teaching students isn't their greatest skill.

1.0 out of 5 stars Supplement this with another book!, March 11 2012
Even though the material is straightforward; I found this book very hard to follow and had to supplement it with a lot of other material:

1) Instead of using equations and images - the textbook would describe the information in a paragraph.

2) Introduces related concepts in the opposite order of a lot of other sources

3) Multiple spelling and grammatical errors

4) myeconlab.com won't work in certain browsers and requires Flash (so you can't use it on your iOS device). Also, animations didn't match ones in the textbook (for example the animation labelled 26.8 on myeconlab was actually 26.10 from the text

If you have to use this book for a class - supplement it with an additional textbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Economics: Canada in the global environment, Nov. 14 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT ECONOMICS BOOK, Nov. 9 2011
Achat Amazon vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Really one of the best books I have bought. Self explanatory and easy to read. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in economics, especially those with little economics previous knowledge.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't receive it, Oct. 10 2010
I never received this product nor my other textbook that I ordered because the people at UPS apparently have never heard of a GPS nor have they figured out how to use mapquest.

ARRAY(0xb5922798)