Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store Fall Tools

Improvising Better: A Guide for the Working Improviser
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$16.59+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on June 16, 2009
This is a book that I wish I had read years ago. Sadly, most of the info in the book I have learned the hard way. Nonetheless, this is a book any improvisor should pick up.

It's not so much a theory book, like Keith Johnstone's Improv, or Del Close's Truth in Comedy. This book is more of a self-help book. The authors do not clown around, they are serious about improv, and clearly show the desire to enlighten other to improve using what they already know.

This book helps performers with low self-esteem issues, inflated egos, and even brushes upon ettiquite for the performer off stage.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on May 14, 2015
I actually didn't find this that useful as I'd expected as it was highly recommended by reputable sources. There were a few ideas and exercises that were valuable that I'll keep on hand. But some of the other ideas I question. For instance, the recommendations that players practice being as offensive as possible. Sure I see the value in getting over an innate fear of offending, but I question the value of going overboard too far. I don't imagine practicing by making jokes of really distasteful things is going to help anyone be a better improviser.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again