5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Adventure Story!
Published on April 15 2001 by Yours truly,

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book
The book was pretty good. I have read better books by Wilbur Smith. This was not my favourite. However, I was still entertained and enjoyed it. It has a James Patterson kind of read to it.
Published 8 months ago by Jennifer Kamins

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Adventure Story!, April 15 2001
Yours truly, "Sheri" (A Small Town in the Sierras, USA) - See all my reviews
Reading this book was like reading Crichton or early Grisham except there was also something old-timey about it, too - like reading H. Rider Haggard, Conan Doyle, Dumas, Burroughs or Jules Verne for the first time when you were a kid. Sheer pleasure. It was a winner, a completely engaging book - and it went on my shelf of books worth re-reading. The kind of book you smile about, remembering how enjoyable it was to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The master of action adventure, Oct. 1 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: The Eye of the Tiger (Hardcover)
I think Wibur Smith is the most gifted storyteller *ever* and I though I'd read all of his books. I was pleasantly surprised when I started reading this one and realised I hadn't read it yet. I've never been disappointed by any of his books, and this was no exception. In fact it's one of his best. Do yourself a favour, run don't walk to the bookstore for this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, Nov. 21 2013
This review is from: The Eye Of The Tiger (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars pure adventure, Sept. 28 2013
David P. Montgomery (Cambridge, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
I either really like Wilbur Smith novels or really dislike them. This is one of the ones I really liked. Probably because it is a standalone novel rather than one of his enduring soap operas. I wish he would write more like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars A neatly written adventure yern, Jan. 9 2003
This review is from: The Eye Of The Tiger (Paperback)
Although Wilbur Smith is more known for his Courtney or Ballantyne series of novels, this first-person adventure is a wonderfully funny and action-packed novel that is, when finished, bemoaned to be too short. Harry Fletcher, ex-soldier, ex-thief, trying to go it straight in St Mary's, is sucked back into a life of crime, and this is all you need to know. There are guns, friends, betrayals, beautiful women and hissable enemies. Along with "Eagle in the Sky" and "The Sunbird", this is one of my favourite standalone Smith novels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yea Wilbur Smith!!, May 21 2002
By A Customer
I agree with all the other positive responses. He is a great writer, along with Clive Cussler, who WAS my favorite!!. Can't wait to read another!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buried treasure caper, Jan. 11 2002
Cory D. Slipman (Rockville Centre, N.Y.) - See all my reviews
Eye of the Tiger is a tribute to the masterful writing skills of Wilbur Smith. This was the first book I read by Smith that took place in contemporary times, so his immense skill in creating historical settings was not necessary. He spins a hard to put down account of a search for what we will learn to be buried undersea treasure from a shipwreck.
The protagonist is Harry Fletcher an ex-mercenary who is now a premier deep sea fisherman based out of the fictional island of St. Marys, an idyllic paradise off the coast of Africa. He gets lured into the search for an unknown item in the guise of a fishing charter. This turns into a web of intrigue as a bevy of unsavory characters try to get their fingers into the prize. Fletcher and his cohorts eventually decide to go after the treasure themselves. Along the way he falls for the sister of one of the players in this well thought out caper.
The ending has a nice twist to it which left me with a very satisfied feeling as I completed the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a good airplane read...., Oct. 11 2001
"mwmyers" (Portland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
If you're tired of the inflight magazine, pick this book up as I did on a recent trip back home from Chicago. I didn't realize I had read this before (I should have known, I've read all the other ones) but that did not stop me from getting caught up inthe story again.
Smith walks the fine line between action novel and romance novel, in fact it was my mom who introduced me to his writing years ago, but Eye of The Tiger's 'manly' cover design won't get you any strange looks on the plane...
He just draws you in. You feel like, "Sure, I know what's it's like to dive in the Indian Ocean, fight off sharks, ride out a cyclone, no problem." I defy you to read a Wilbur Smith book without getting totally drawn into the story.
Like I said - this one's great for a plane flight, just about the right length for coast-to-coast travel and perfect if you're longing for the sun.
MM

4.0 out of 5 stars Treasure and deception, Sept. 2 2001
A Customer (Minnetonka, mn United States) - See all my reviews
This book has it all: An exotic location, mystery, treasure, deceit and plenty of bad guys. This was the first Wilbur Smith book I have read, but it certainly will not be the last. This was a well paced, and wonderful adventure story with just the right hint of larceny.
I appreciate fellow writers who know their topic, understand the sea and get the little details right. This was fun, fast romp and very enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, Aug. 22 2001
G. B. Keefer "Star Wars freak" (Jacksonville Florida) - See all my reviews
Why in the world is Hollywood not beating down this guy's door? I have never seen an author who so dependably delivers solid characters, deep plots and such a grip on the pace of action throughout. Reading his books are like watching great movies in your mind and this book is no exception. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll chew your fingernails down to nubs and howl with victory! Somebody please option this guy's books!You're missing out on a freakin goldmine!

The Eye Of The Tiger
The Eye Of The Tiger by Wilbur Smith (Paperback - July 8 1988)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01