5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal command of the language, life and its humour
We have all read incredibly moving, life-shaping books, books that challenge your spirit and your intellect to achieve new heights, books written by men and women of deeper thought than anything us mortals could hope to attain...
Published on March 23 2004 by Bryan MacLeod

3.0 out of 5 stars bring your towel
3rd time reading the set...mine finally fell apart
Published 2 months ago by John

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal command of the language, life and its humour, March 23 2004
Bryan MacLeod (Marathon, Ont., Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy: The Trilogy Of Four (Paperback)
And then there are these great books by Douglas Adams that let you tell all those thinkers to get stuffed, stop taking themselves so seriously and just enjoy life in all its wonders.
For anyone that has travelled, really travelled, who loves life, who really loves life, and enjoys a good laugh, these books are for you. Put Monty Python, The Far Side, David Suzuki, an English dictionary and chocolate (for flavour) into a blender and you have something nasty, but not entirely unlike the humour in these wonderful books.
Dive in. And above all: Don't Panic.
And to see just what a wonderful thinker Douglas Adams actually was, read his posthumous collection "The Salmon of Doubt" which is an excellent and thought provoking (but not in a snooty way) read.

4.0 out of 5 stars You are about to read a cultural classic, Sept. 16 2006
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
A galactic highway is passing through and you guessed it Earth is in the path.

How many times have you asked a simple question and go the answer as "42." Yep, you are a victim to this book. Many of the clich's and truisms that rival Shakespeare are creeping into our vocabulary. And attitudes - "It has been on file."

If you are the one person that somehow got through life with out reading this series or at least seeing this on TV, then you are in for a treat. Somehow this story is earmarked as sci-fi and I guess it can be in a sense and it has all the elements necessary; it delivers a powerful message to the local Zoning Board.

I will not go though the story, as that is why you are reading the book. You need to sit down for the next sentence.

This book has changed my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny Sci-fi, May 24 2006
This book is one of the best humoristic things I read. It is mostly an gargantuan joke with it's own self-refecences. Things may seems a little weird at first but it is explained later in the story with some pretty amazing return of elements that seemed only random. It is a story of pure irony that every sci-fi fan will love. I read it all in one week and would read it again any time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hitchhiker Trilogy, June 6 2009
It's great to have Douglas Adams' classic story as a single book. Definitely would recommend this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, June 3 2014
It'is a classic. Very funny , the kind of humour I likre and.. easy to understand ( I speak french), entertaining!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, March 4 2014
best toilet paper I've ever used. it felt like I was on my way to another planet. ever since i received this book my doors keep on sighing. also 42x10=420. therefor weed is 10x better than the meaning of the universe

5.0 out of 5 stars great story, Dec 12 2013
love douglas adams fantastic to have all five of the books at one time on my new kindle thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Classic, Sept. 12 2013
i love these books they are a great read and the wacky nature of this book. if thinking about getting these books just look at the price for 5 books it sold me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Present for my daughter, July 29 2013
Bought this for my daughter who liked it. She said it was quite humourous and somewhat along the lines of Monty Python in its satrism. Witty and a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still as funny as I remembered, May 25 2013
I referenced a quote to a friend who I assumed would know what I was talking about, so after explaining HHGTG to him, I thought " hey I haven't read that for a long time" so I bought it for my iPad and enjoyed it thoroughly

The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy: The Trilogy Of Four
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy: The Trilogy Of Four by Douglas Adams (Paperback - March 8 2002)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.79