5.0 out of 5 stars MURDER...SHE WROTE...
Georgina Grey has lived with her wealthy, mercurial uncle, Jonathan Field, since she was a toddler, when her parents died. She is his heiress apparent, until a long lost relative, Mirrie Field comes to stay and spoils the applecart. Suddenly, it looks like Uncle Jonathan may be changing his will.

When Jonathan Field is found murdered in his study, Georgina...
Published 11 months ago by Lawyeraau

3.0 out of 5 stars good story for it's day
I enjoy most of Patricia Wentworth's books, but you do have to remember that these books were written at a different time, when "men ruled." I keep reminding myself of this, because the female characters, even those who seem to have spunk, are all so easily cowed by the men. I find it hard to swallow, but remind myself of the time.
The story itself was a good one,...
Published on March 23 2009 by Suzanne Mater

5.0 out of 5 stars MURDER...SHE WROTE..., Aug. 5 2013
Lawyeraau (Balmoral Castle) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fingerprint (Paperback)

When Jonathan Field is found murdered in his study, Georgina becomes the number one suspect. She calls upon Miss Silver, a retired governess turned private enquiry agent, to assist her in her hour of need. So, Miss Silver undertakes the request and goes to stay with Miss Grey in the house where the murder occurred, and where, apparently, there is no dearth of suspects and motives.

Miss Silver is an intriguing sleuth with a mind like a steel trap and a most discerning understanding of human nature. This is certainly a well-written book with an intricate plot and quirky characters. Those who like English country house mysteries will, no doubt, enjoy this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars good story for it's day, March 23 2009
Suzanne Mater "mystery humour lover" (Sarnia, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fingerprint (Paperback)
The story itself was a good one, and I like the fact that all of the books that I have read by Patricia Wentworth are mysteries as well as romances. (I didn't care for "Anna, where are you?")

Fingerprint
Fingerprint by Patricia Wentworth (Paperback - Dec 5 2005)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.33