Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

on November 17, 2013
Yes, I did like it. However, and this is nothing against the book, It did not cover my needs. And it shouldn't! Because
my needs also include multiple food allergies. This is the most difficult aspect of my diet search.

I believe most people who are allergic to wheat, and/or gluten, also have other food allergies.
When I look at grocery store Gluten-free products I still have to read the ingredients list, because very often the products
contain corn in some form.
I am also allergic to bananas, barley egg whites, onions, peppers, shellfish, potato, rye grain, tapioca, tomato, soy, etc.
It's a battle, and requires awareness of what processed foods contain. eg: Velveeta okay; Cheez Whiz not okay. Thank you for listening... Margaret
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2003
When I was told to put my autistic son on a dairy and gluten free diet 6 years ago I did not have a clue, I had never seen the point in baking a cake or a loaf of bread if you could buy it! Although we can get staples on prescription the book has made birthday cakes and treats a pleasure and surprise for all my children and the breads and pancake mixes vary his diet, the recipes are easy to adopt to dairy free if necessary.I have tried other books for variety, one used chickpea flour in everything which tasted wierd, I wonder if the recipes were tested! Others just specify a proprietory GF flour which seems pointless, and expensive if you cannot get them on prescription. Faced with the challenge of putting a family member on this diet, if you can get hold of this book it will be the only one you'll ever need, ours is reinforced with sticky tape and covered in food stains!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse