5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece
Published on Dec 22 1999 by Brandie L Thompson

3.0 out of 5 stars Readable, but avoids the action
Obviously written by someone who cannot write action sequences well. All the battle scenes are either short, or related second hand, like a greek play. Interesting characters, but the plot is just too slow. I felt I had to write this after reading the other two reveiws here.
Published on Feb. 15 1999

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting yet challenging book, May 7 2000
This review is from: King's Justice (Mass Market Paperback)
I really didn't enjoy reading this book, yet it was challenging. Even though there was some fighting action that kept me in suspense, I had a hard time remembering some of the characters. I would read about one family and then start reading about another family. Then, when a character tells that another person is in the family, I get confused. One reason might be that I read volume II of this book, instead of volume I. Even though I was confused, I would recommend this book to someone who likes to read about knights and learn about a 17 year old teenager who struggles to do his best job as a king.

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece, Dec 22 1999
This review is from: King's Justice (Mass Market Paperback)
In this book kelson finally becomes a true King. He finds out that life is far from fair, but you have to live it anyway. He takes up challenges and causes that he probably never even concidered existed before, and i must say Mrs. Kurtz puts it to paper masterfully. She manages to take the readers into the kingdom of Gwynedd, and puts you right into the action next to her main characters I have grown to know and love. She keeps us on our toes with action and twists and turns in the story, so much so that it's more like watching a movie then reading a book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, Aug. 15 1999
This review is from: King's Justice (Mass Market Paperback)
I enjoyed this second book in Katherine Kurtz's trillogy of Deryni novels. It was very dramatic, suspenseful, and extremely entertaining. Kurtz does a skillful job of blending midevil court life, the Catholic church, and magic into a gripping novel with a stunning conclusion that sent me after the final book in the trillogy, The Quest for Saint Camber.

3.0 out of 5 stars Readable, but avoids the action, Feb. 15 1999
This review is from: King's Justice (Mass Market Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely one of the best books I've ever read!, July 24 1998
This review is from: King's Justice (Mass Market Paperback)
I fell madly in love with Kelson Haldane from the moment I picked up 'The Bishop's Heir', the first book in this series, but this particular book is, in my opinion, the best of the trilogy about the young Haldane King. I am not a Christian, but I appreciate Kurtz's expert blending of the rich ceremony of what is obviously a parallel of the Catholic church, and Arthurian-type legend into this marvelous tale. I had no interest in heraldry before I read the trilogy, but now I am fascinated by it.

ARRAY(0xbabf54b0)

King's Justice
King's Justice by Katherine Kurtz (Mass Market Paperback - Aug. 12 1987)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01