5.0 out of 5 stars Ecological adventure to the max!, April 6 2000
Cara (Kootenays, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mistwalker (Mass Market Paperback)
Denis Lopes Heald's first book, "Mistwalker", is extremely entertaining and lush with vivid descriptions of the jungle on the planet Ver Day. The 'green', as the 'greenie' Ver Day natives call it, is filled with exotic animals that put Earth's jungle creatures to shame. As well, the government, or 'govies', is another interesting level to the story, and Meesha Raschad's life story and enemies from MB-2 adds another heap of an entertaining plot. I hope that Denise Heald will someday come out with another book, because "Mistwalker" was published by Del Rey Discovery in 1994! Well, let's just wait and see.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm waiting for another book, sequel or not., Nov. 3 1998
dflitsch@execpc.com (Milwaukee, Wisconsin) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mistwalker (Mass Market Paperback)
Even though I've read and reread this book a dozen times, it is so rich and complex that I still find something I missed in previous readings. Sal and Meesha are two of my favorite characters of all time and I hope I haven't seen all I'm going to of them. It has been several years since 'Mistwalker' has come out and I have nearly despaired of seeing a sequel. I do and will continue to check the 'D' section of every bookstore I shop, just in case.

4.0 out of 5 stars I was impressed, an ecological science fiction adventure, July 30 2001
This review is from: Mistwalker (Mass Market Paperback)
Can you imagine having to live in a humid jungle where their is bugs every where including your home. Hopefully your pet lizard will eat them for you. Technology in this world if frowned upon unless it is something like biodegradable. Not only does this story talk about ecology issues, but discrimination issues come up too.

5.0 out of 5 stars We need another book by this author!, Sept. 2 1999
This review is from: Mistwalker (Mass Market Paperback)
Mistwalker has something for everyone. Suspense, mystery, romance, science fiction.....reminds me a little of Australian outback or Wild West novels.. yet, it holds together as a single narrative. When the mistwalker walked by, my skin tingled... Just plain fun!

4.0 out of 5 stars A well-drawn, suspenseful first novel., Dec 7 1996
This review is from: Mistwalker (Mass Market Paperback)
Lopes Heald creates a vivid, detailed world, one with an
agenda of its own. The characters are rich and evocative,
and the interaction between Sal and Meesha constantly
intriguing. In all, a good solid read. Look for this author
in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent book, Dec 16 1999
del kimri (minneapolis, Minnesota, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mistwalker (Mass Market Paperback)
It's vivid, well-written, and well-crafted. I've read it over and over and over. The characters are so alive and have a great deal of depth. Now, if only Ms. Heald would write another story!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the book. Read it several times. Where's the sequel?, July 19 1999
This review is from: Mistwalker (Mass Market Paperback)
This was a fun book to read with a great concept for the story's setting. I've been waiting (in vain) for the sequel or anything else by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent adventure - very complete, Dec 21 1998
This review is from: Mistwalker (Mass Market Paperback)
This was a fantastic book and kept me intrigued from beginning to end. I have re-read it several times. We need more works from this author!

Mistwalker
Mistwalker by Denise Lopes Heald (Mass Market Paperback - June 1 1994)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01