‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart center Open Book, Feb. 5 2000
This review is from: Sacred Space (Paperback)
Once you've read it, it makes such sense: everything around us is connected to us and imbued with our energy -for better or for worse. Reading this I realised that I longed to have a home which was truely a home for my soul NOT just for my body and NOT (as I had been very apt to do) a home for the eye and thinking/cortical mind.
Interior design has it all wrong. Its head-led stuff. Fine if we were just heads on sticks. Feng shui is largely wrong too. Its rigid and full of superstition. Denise Linn gets it right. Our homes are places of the heart, places of the soul and places of the body.
She teaches us how to trust our instinct in creating places to live that are truely of us and for us. NOT for the visual consumption of the style critic. But for us to fully live in and experience the sacred in.
If you're ready for this book then you'll love it. If not, then you'll dislike it. But here's an idea of what's in it:
How to move stagnant energy out of a house. How to bring in new and beautiful energy into a home. How to use ritual. The central role of INTENTION - your intention - in creating the sacredness and spirituality of your home. Little tidbits about making moon water, and rainbow light. And a big emphasis on the earth and all the powerful tools she gives us to ground and enliven our homes:earth, water, fire and how to use these.
Take the plunge. Live in your house and hence your body/spirit/mind in a new way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, July 28 2014
This review is from: Sacred Space (Paperback)
Great detail, helpful hints, most importantly it's easy to read! Love the writer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, useful ideas, Jan. 9 2003
This review is from: Sacred Space (Paperback)
Forget fuzzy theories! This author gets right to the point with helpful, specific little ideas to make your home feel better and to make you feel better in your home. I have had this book for two years and continue to pick it up regularly and get ideas I can use. Some of the ideas fall within the realm of decorating while others get at changing the energy of a space with everything from chimes to water or candles. The book is very readable and easy to actually USE (unlike most of those feng shui books that go so deeply into theory that I never know what I am supposed to DO about it all!). For more specific decorating ideas in this same vein, I also highly recommend EVERYDAY COMFORTS, which is filled with practical ideas and beautiful color photos. I put those two books, Sacred Space and Everyday Comforts, plus a candle, in a birthday gift basket for my sister, and she loved it. Since buying Everyday Comforts, I find I am using that book all the time, too. It is relaxing just to flip through that book, but i love all the specific ideas that I can quickly accomplish to make my home more comforting.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved this book, Oct. 9 2009
Doreen Eiteneier "spirit walker" (Innisfail, Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sacred Space (Paperback)
Denise Linn is a fabulous author/writer. There were so many techniques in this book that were explained so well and I USED them and they WORKED!!! From "clearing space" to "using fire, water, air and earth" for creating "sacred space"...... so many ways to create exactly what I choose for my home.
Denise's knowledge and wisdom is deep. Thank you for the sharing!!
I recommend (and have recommended) this book to any and ALL.
I'm already reading one of her next books....... she is one great writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wise, non-judgemental, and inspiring, Aug. 26 2003
This review is from: Sacred Space (Paperback)
I read this book after I read Karen Kingston's "Space Clearing" book, and, even though the two authors apparently work together, the two books are like night and day in their approach. Ms. Kingston's book was very rigid and authoritative. Although Ms. Kingston's techniqes may work for some, her book made me feel anxious and "wrong". Ms. Linn's book encourages people to rely on their own intution and trust their own feelings rather than following traditonal "rules". She gives examples of space clearing techniques from many cultures and encourages you to make your own rituals rather than following some set technique.
You may not agree with all Ms. Linn's ideas, but she presents them in a way that allows you to consider them and then make your own decisions, rather than telling you that you have to believe what she believes. Reading this book was like talking to a wise, loving, friend - I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sacred space: Clearing and enhancing the energy of your home, Sept. 19 2001
This review is from: Sacred Space (Paperback)
This was a wonderful book. It was very informative and easy to understand. I enjoyed the reading immensely and am still space clearing my home. You will love this book. I recommend it highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sacred Space, Dec 19 2000
This review is from: Sacred Space (Paperback)
I found this book to be more useful than the other strictly Feng Shui books I've read. I like the combination of practices from different cultures.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bargain, Sept. 22 2000
This review is from: Sacred Space (Paperback)
After buying this well-priced little book last year, I have found myself going back to it again and again for fresh inspiration and ideas. The author's simple, sensible approach quickly moves beyond theory to what you can actually do to improve how your home feels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Fun., July 3 2000
This review is from: Sacred Space (Paperback)
Denise Linn's books are always a pleasure to read. Through her eyes the world comes alive with mysterious enchantments, she sees unseen things, rather like my cat. I'm a little envious of her ability, but her writing generously provides guidance for opening doors I didn't know were there, so I bear no grudge. I begin wondering if there is a nature spirit in the shadiest part of the garden where the ferns are, or if the dank and neglected basement corner is harboring more than earth-bound spiders and mildew. You don't have to believe in the whimsical, it all makes perfect sense and her suggestions are practical as well as mystical. I will admit I have enough trouble cleaning the house without wondering what the energy is doing, having run out of energy myself, but there are enough suggestions that you can choose what suits you best if you'd like to perk up your home and yourself, and Ms. Linn is never judgmental or prissy. It doesn't hurt to be more sensitive to the effect our surroundings have on ourselves and others, and ultimately the idea is to make it more pleasant. Ms. Linn puts a lot of herself into her writing, resulting in a book filled with personal and colorful detail, and just reading it is cheering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Fun., July 3 2000

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Sacred Space
Sacred Space by Denise Linn (Paperback - Dec 26 1995)
CDN$ 19.00 CDN$ 13.72