5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
This duology was excellent. I thought that after Star by Star this series would get back on track. Then came Dark Journey, possibly the worst NJO book I've ever read. But this duology saved the series.
Published on March 3 2004 by Alex Wiederspiel

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed...
At some points I was sleeping through the book or just skimming through all the needless and repetitive content. At other times I was very interested at the edge of my seat. Nonetheless, Han and Leia escaping incredible odds, Jaina Solo's and the rest of the star fighters inventive often highly improbable ways to develop new weapons and strategies to fight off the Vong...
Published on June 14 2002 by don parker

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 and a half stars... an enthralling work on behalf of A.A., July 7 2004
Traum "aidanhailes" (Edmonton, AB Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rebel Stand: Star Wars (The New Jedi Order): Enemy Lines II (Mass Market Paperback)
Out of all the New Jedi Order books so far, this one kept my attention the best throughout, for a variety of reasons.
First was the rapidly shifting plots and points of view - rotating through Jaina, Luke, Wedge and a variety of others, Allston takes careful time to flush out the storyline that each character finds themselves embroiled in. Of greatest interest to me was the Lord Nyax-Luke Skywalker story on Coruscant; for once an actual Jedi-on-Jedi contest, even if Nyax really couldn't be considered a Jedi, Allston's portrayal of him as a mute, hugely powerful and crazed individual was perfect. The display of power he puts on through the Force is also quite well described and explained.
As well, throughout the story I came to greatly appreciate the military tactics that Allston described in the defence of Borelias - the time and thought obviously put into each situation shows itself well.
More than anything though, I think Allston deserves credit for setting up the bridge between the two Solo books - Dark Journey and Traitor - a task not easily performed in that events throughout the Enemy Lines are related to what is happening in those books.
All in all a great read, and a fine progression in the New Jedi Order series.
4.5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, March 3 2004
Alex Wiederspiel "Spiel" (Lawrenceville, New Jersey United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars star wars the new jedi order enemy lines two, Sept. 19 2003
STEPHEN BROWNING (PHELPS, NEW YORK United States) - See all my reviews
As I was reading the book, the story line was fantastic, it kept me on my toes. Luke, and his wife were great, Han and leia made the book funny and intersting and for the rest of the characters,they supported the main characters really well

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny and well-written again, but with a couple problems, Aug. 28 2003
Like Rebel Dream, this book is well-written, fun, and full of humor. Allston brings back the excitment of the Rebellion Era, with Han and Leia, Luke and Mara, and a series of well-known pilots acting out clever and covert schemes once again. In that sense, the book is a breath of fresh air from the very different kind of plot and writing that typifies the NJO series. At the same time, Rebel Stand works well within NJO, taking us to Coruscant after its fall and bringing resolution to the arc involving Viqi Shesh.
While I enjoyed reading this book, there were two parts that bothered me. First, the "dark Jedi" aspect of the Coruscant plot is overwraught and probably out of place. It seemed very weird in the middle of an NJO book. Second, and more important, there is one really abhorrent chapter that deals with Jaina's relationships with Jag and Kyp. I thought Allston had left behind Jaina the self-absorbed twerp, Jag the empty tool, and Kyp the pathetic follower. Oh well.
Despite these two issues, the book really was good, and I think the vast majority of Star Wars fans will be able to find something to their liking in its pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Space Battles Galore, June 20 2003
By A Customer
This book is a definite must for the New Jedi Order. I found myself reading it twice even thrice it was so good. This novel continues the story of Wedge Antilles spearheading the fighting defence of Borleias against a very highly celegrated Commander. The Father of Warmaster Tsavong Lah! This book shows the tactical brilliance of General Antilles as he plan his final defense of Borleias, codenamed Emperors Spear. I will not give a lot away but one major New Reppublic Ship will be sacrificed for the Death of a Yuuzhan Vong Worldship. This is a great book and a great sequel to Enemy Lines: Rebel Dream which MUST be read before this one because otherwise you'll miss a vital part of the story and a great read. I loved this book, I recomend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Feb. 24 2003
David (Fowlerville, Michigan) - See all my reviews
This is another great story in the NJO series. It had my attention from the first page. However, there were some slow areas in the book, but they don't hinder the reader from really enjoying the story.
This is a great addition to any collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Allston does it again!, Oct. 12 2002
What Aaron Allston did with Rebel Dream, he did a second time with Rebel Stand. His perfectly inserted humor at full effectiveness, I had to put down the book to laugh at least 5 times during a certain scene with Han and Leia, when they were taken captive and threw out puns and one-liners throughout the entire debriefing and escape. It definately has helped the series along to see the two of them reunited in a similar fast-paced, full-of-action environment to the one they started out in.
Though an awkward and unwieldy topic, the part with the Coruscant team battling Lord Nyax was interesting and fit in without an exceedingly high amount of controversy. The parts with Viqi Shesh were very appropriate, and Wraith Squad was, as always, a great source of professionalism and comic relief.
Back at the Borleias base, Allston goes all the way with a final bout of amazing strategy and insight that surpasses most anything I've seen from him before. Which is saying a LOT.
All in all, Rebel Stand and its predecessor, Rebel Dream, are must-reads for everyone reading the NJO series.

5.0 out of 5 stars True to the Spirit Created by Lucas, Oct. 5 2002
Aaron Allston's 'Rebel Stand' continues the story of the first novel in the 'Enemy Lines' duology, 'Rebel Dream'. Luke Skywalker has sensed one of those famous disturbances in the force, and it is coming from Coruscant. The only problem with that is the former capital of the New Republic is firmly in the hands of the Yuuzhan Vong and is undergoing 'Vongification'. Meanwhile, Han and Leia Solo venture to a few remote worlds to set up Vong resistance cells, and they bring along C-3P0 and R2-D2 with them. Back on Borleias, General Wedge Antilles prepares to bring his forces into combat against the Vong.
Of all the novels in the 'New Jedi Order', 'Rebel Stand' proportionally gives the most face time to the 'classic' heroes. Although Jaina Solo, Jag Fel, and Kyp Durron, amongst others, are welcome and interesting editions to the cast, it refreshing to see Luke and Han play a more central role in the action for once.
For the most part, Luke's mission to Coruscant was well done. Luke's wife, Mara, a young Jedi named Tahiri, and the Wraiths (a CIA-like outfit for the New Republic) tag along. Their mission begins as an effort to organize the citizenry left behind on Coruscant, but changes when they discover an unusual larger than life Dark Jedi bent on conquest. For the most part, I was pleased with the Jedi's mission to Coruscant, althought I felt the duel with the mysterious Jedi went a little over the top at the end.
Maybe the most enjoyable moment of the book came in a scene starring C-3P0 and R2-D2. These two are finally re-united for some significant and memorable scenes. Their banter is classic Star Wars. The other famous duo, Han and Leia, also come off wonderfully in this novel. Han was at his wise-cracking best, and Leia has filled in for Chewbacca wonderfully as his new partner, now that she has gone 'scoundrel'.
As the New Jedi Order series has moved along, the series, thus far, has become more and more adept at capturing the feel of the movies. 'Rebel Stand' may have done the best job of that so far with parts of the novel reminding me of the original 'Star Wars', 'The Empire Strikes Back', and 'Return of the Jedi'. For a change, the writers have begun to focus less on what makes other forms of science fiction unique and returned to what makes Star Wars so great.
I'd recommend this novel to anyone reading the 'New Jedi Order' series. As with any novel in this series, I would recommend starting with 'Vector Prime' first, and at least read 'Rebel Dream' before thise. Starting with this one will ruin many of the surprises of the previous eleven novels in the series. However, this is one of the better novels, so it may be tempting to skip ahead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goldie Hawn is back...in Black!, Aug. 24 2002
Ma'chay Ta'keel (Kalispell, MT USA) - See all my reviews
This is one book. I have never read! This is a read! Better than the first one! YOU MUST READ! The New Republic, trying to decide what to do with the Sun, captures from the Imperial Admiral by Han Solo with help of Imperials, a scientist who she was weapons for good. Finally, the decision!!! Made to send the Sun into the heart of the gas, and the Republic figures problem is, although they have: Daala has? Come out of hiding to attack her fleet of three Stars. Young, hoping to learn to control his potential, heads to Jedi academy on IV. There: he's the spirit of Exar Kun, an ancient warrior defeated by Jedi during the War thousands ago. Exar Kun twists, luring him to the Side. Get this: you will not be, but first read! Or else. You will not understand...

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, Aug. 9 2002
William F. Jakeman "darthwilliam" (Woodstock, ON) - See all my reviews
I thought this was a fantastic book. It had something for everyone. Action, adventure, humour and romance. It was all here. I read this bok in a day and a half it was great. It was great to see characters from the classic trilogy and the bantam books come out strong. I missed Tycho and Wes Jansen's cameo wasn't bad either. I even liked Lord Nyax. I personally enjoy it when old ambiguous characters like Roa, Thracken Saal-Solo and Irek Ismaren are resurrected. You read the name and you stop and think, "where do I know that name from?" It's a lot of fun. But if Callista comes back I'll be pissed.
I'd like to make a comment on the NJO series as a whole. I've read every single one of them and I've read many reviews on this site. I gotta say that I'm sick of the whining. First is was about Chewie's death. Lets face it people, Chewie was not an important character in the expanded universe. The only time we ever heard anything out of him besides "woof" or "roar" was in the Blackfleet Crisis trilogy and most of you whined about his talking in that book. Chewie's death allows for Han to make a r-emmergence and development of Anakin. Lets face it, Han had become stagnant. He was starting to become a guy who's kids continued to get kidnapped. Now he's back and everyone seems to like how he's back. This would not have been possible had Chewie not died. Then there was the whining about Anakin's death. I was not happy to see Anakin go. But then again I wasn't happy to see Ben Kenobi go either. Anakin's death allowed Jaina and Tahiri to develop into characters that are actually interesting. Lastly, the constant whining about the New republic getting it's butt kicked all the time. This is a new enemy people. It wouldn't be very realisitic if they just started winning right off the start. These three things together create one of the most compelling aspects of the NJO, unpredcitability. We don't know what's gonna happen. Any moment one of our beloved characters could die. I was freaked in this book. I thought we were gonna lose Wedge. Life has been breathed into the Star Wars universe in the form of death and loss. Lets enjoy it. The one thing we can predict is the ultimate victory over the Vong and it will be all the sweeter becaue our beloved characters have suffered. NJO rules!

Rebel Stand: Star Wars (The New Jedi Order): Enemy Lines II
Rebel Stand: Star Wars (The New Jedi Order): Enemy Lines II by Aaron Allston (Mass Market Paperback - May 28 2002)
CDN$ 10.99 CDN$ 9.89