biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Exercice ca_ty_gno Tools

Format: PaperbackChange

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on June 27, 2004
This book is moderately helpful, but not as good as Hogg and Blau's original "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer." While that book was an invaluable asset and demonstrated Hogg's true expertise with babies, this one seems to emulate its predecessor instead of standing on its own. I found the first one much more helpful and practical than "What to Expect the First Year," but now I find "What to Expect the Toddler Years" to be more informative than this toddler book. If you're as big a fan of the first book as I was, you probably are tempted to go right out and buy this one as soon as your baby becomes a toddler. I would encourage you to read it to benefit from some of the more helpful parts (especially good, in my opinion, were the ritual and routine recommendations), but unfortunately, it doesn't pass the test to be your go-to guide to your toddler.
on August 13, 2002
I really enjoyed the Secrets of the Baby Whisperer and had given it as gifts. So when my daughter became a toddler, I knew I had to see what Tracy said about 'toddlerhood'. I guess I was expecting too much of her...it just seemed like so much of the same from her first book and a lot of common sense.
If you didn't read the first book and have a toddler, get this book, otherwise, don't bother.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2003
The concepts are not original, just a recycling of "The Baby Whisperer" (which I would recommend for first-time mothers).
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse