5.0 out of 5 stars Great Principles for confident parenting
I had read the first book and found it pretty helpful. But this book really helped me gain confidence in knowing how to guide and parent my toddler. I borrowed it from the library but found it so good, I had to buy my own copy for reference. There is so much great stuff in there for every aspects of a Toddler's life. In comparison to the toddler stage, looking back at...
Published on Oct. 30 2005

1.0 out of 5 stars Mom of twins
I never read her first book on infants but Hogg's "insights" into toddlers rates no greater than those of the average parent. This book is all over the place and attempts to cover nearly every aspect of a toddler's life, from developmental milestones to switching to solid foods to stopping temper tantrums. Unfortunately, none of the topics are covered completely or...
Published on Feb. 14 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleine satisfaction, Jan. 16 2010
Valérie Beaudoin (Québec, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers (Paperback)
Prompte livraison dans les délais prescrits et produits neufs! Livre plus qu'intéressant pour tous parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my life!, Aug. 20 2003
K. Marcikic "Mom of 2" (Chicago) - See all my reviews
This book is so smart and so gentle. It's saving my life, my marriage, and especially my baby. I've learned how to let my baby soothe himself to sleep, and how to find time for myself during the day. I'm going to recommend it to everyone with a new baby!

3.0 out of 5 stars Same concepts recycled, Aug. 14 2003
Gina Lytton Gay "GBD" (CA USA) - See all my reviews
The concepts are not original, just a recycling of "The Baby Whisperer" (which I would recommend for first-time mothers).

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep Whispering As Your Baby Grows Up....., July 20 2003
Julie Jordan Scott "Writer, Life Coach - Owne... (Bakersfield, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Hogg and Blau use a very workable, applicable style to deal with parenting a toddler: as I am on my fourth toddler, I can attest that the techniques are valuable and easily used in parenting.
I especially appreciate the step by step approach and belief in "conscious" parenting instead of parenting-by-the-numbers. The suggestions and notes from "real" people via email interspersed further give the book a personalized, realistic flavor.
The ending chapters about having another baby and valuing relationships are very much a part of parenting the toddler. My only wish is there was a touch more in regards to collaborative-parenting with both parents being consistent Baby Whisperers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sensible stuff, March 27 2003
This review is from: Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers (Paperback)
This book is brimming with down-to-earth, sensible advice on bringing up a toddler. There's a lot of information on the when, how and why of discipline - often a dodgy area full of inconsistencies when it comes to toddlers! The author really explores this and I found it a great help.
Not sure if I agree with the way the author begins the book with a "Know-Your-Toddler Quiz" in which she effectively categorises (pigeonholes?) toddlers into 5 distinct types, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she can do this because of her vast experience with countless toddlers during her career. Nevertheless it's a great read and an invaluable reference source for this mummy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Advice, March 21 2003
This review is from: Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers (Paperback)
If more people followed these positive techniques with their babies, today's classrooms would not be full of sooooo many impulsive and unstructured children. Parenting has changed over the years and many have moved away from sensible parenting. It is society and the children who will suffer. Too bad more people don't parent in a sensible way.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected after the Baby Whisperer book, Aug. 13 2002
By A Customer
I really enjoyed the Secrets of the Baby Whisperer and had given it as gifts. So when my daughter became a toddler, I knew I had to see what Tracy said about 'toddlerhood'. I guess I was expecting too much of her...it just seemed like so much of the same from her first book and a lot of common sense.
If you didn't read the first book and have a toddler, get this book, otherwise, don't bother.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Book in The Whisper Genre, April 29 2002
I bought this book because it's title reminded me of "The Child Whisperer" by Matt Pasquinilli. One of the best books on parenting I have ever read, "The Child Whisperer" taught me how to effectively communicate with my overactive son and highly distractible daughter.
"The Horse Whisperer" as a movie was ok, but the real man behind the story, Monty Roberts, is a common sense genius. The fact is, Monty Roberts not only whispered to horses, but he raised over forty foster kids.(Rent "Story of a Real Horse Whisperer" by the BBC at your local video store - or buy Monty Roberts book here at amazon.com.)
"Secrets of The Baby Whisperer for Toddlers" is not exactly the same concept, but it is very helpful for younger children. If you are a "Whisperer" fan like me, then you will want this on your shelf next to "The Child Whisperer" and "The Horse Whisperer."

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, April 8 2002
Claudette Gerdjunis "JAC and Ben's Mom" (Ronkonkoma, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed this almost as much as her first book. It is easy and fun to read. As with any baby instructional, take what you can use and leave the rest. Tracy's books are wonderful for first time parents who haven't a clue, and contains great common sense. And it aslo serves as a memory refresher for those of us who have been around babies all our life.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had my money back, April 3 2002
By A Customer
This is an example of a writer having one seller then putting a useless sequel out.I really would like to get the money I wasted back on this book.She seems too much like an old fashioned English Nanny or nurse and not someone that familiar with children.Not enough activites to stimulate the childs development and games suggestions.Only good suggestion she had was that Moms needed to not interfere with Dads being with their kids.

Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers
Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers by Melinda Blau (Paperback - Feb. 4 2003)
CDN$ 17.00 CDN$ 12.27