5.0 out of 5 stars Great Principles for confident parenting
I had read the first book and found it pretty helpful. But this book really helped me gain confidence in knowing how to guide and parent my toddler. I borrowed it from the library but found it so good, I had to buy my own copy for reference. There is so much great stuff in there for every aspects of a Toddler's life. In comparison to the toddler stage, looking back at...
Published on Oct. 30 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as Good as the Original
This book is moderately helpful, but not as good as Hogg and Blau's original "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer." While that book was an invaluable asset and demonstrated Hogg's true expertise with babies, this one seems to emulate its predecessor instead of standing on its own. I found the first one much more helpful and practical than "What to Expect the...
Published on June 27 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book is for everyone, Feb. 2 2002
By A Customer
Tracy's blend of humor, common sense and most importantly respect, is excellent reading, not only for dealing with Toddlers but for everyone. Certainly opens your eyes to the way we communicate.
If you followed Tracy's advice in the Baby Whisperer book, this book is for you. If you didn't read the Baby whisperer book and you are a parent or becoming one get both books. They are Totally packed with real life scenarios, common sense, and sound advice. Tracy's wit definately proves to me that she has been in the trenches as she calls it with these Toddlers, and not something she has conjured up from behind a desk.
This book will "and I underline will" guide you through the tantrums of Toddlerhood and will even set the stage for parenting beyond this period. I am totally amazed at the results by just using the H.E.L.P chapter with my 18 month old twins.
The seperation anxiety issues are well worth the read, this seems to be frantic time for all parents who are usually not aware of this.
All in all a superb read from cover to cover. You will have to read it at least twice though because of the quantity of information. Parents around the world will be thanking Ms. Hogg for revealing her secrets. My wife and I will thank her personally when she is in LA. I have already given this book as gifts to both our parents, 18 of our friends, the daycare center.
A Special thanks to Ms. Hogg
Frpm Dianna & Tom ----> Toddler girls Simone & Farah

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Reference, Feb. 19 2002
This book is worth every penny. They did an exceptional job of organization, presentation and, yes, marketing. It has the test for your child's 'type' and your parenting style. The chapter on Ritual and Routine is fabulous with so many good, practical little bits to enhance your toddler's day. It also has THE BEST solid food introduction/weaning plan I've EVER seen. There is also so much good stuff in the chapters on life skills and emotional development to read & re-read & re-read again to stay mindful of. In summation, this book gives you a plethora of tools to help us be the best parent we can be. There is great stuff applicable from the time you start contemplating feeding your baby solids until their pre-school years. I've read A LOT of books on parenting and babies and, yes, if you don't buy any other book on toddlerhood, buy this one. It IS the ESSENTIAL guide for parents of babies and toddlers. I recommend it to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Book in The Whisper Genre, April 29 2002
I bought this book because it's title reminded me of "The Child Whisperer" by Matt Pasquinilli. One of the best books on parenting I have ever read, "The Child Whisperer" taught me how to effectively communicate with my overactive son and highly distractible daughter.
"The Horse Whisperer" as a movie was ok, but the real man behind the story, Monty Roberts, is a common sense genius. The fact is, Monty Roberts not only whispered to horses, but he raised over forty foster kids.(Rent "Story of a Real Horse Whisperer" by the BBC at your local video store - or buy Monty Roberts book here at amazon.com.)
"Secrets of The Baby Whisperer for Toddlers" is not exactly the same concept, but it is very helpful for younger children. If you are a "Whisperer" fan like me, then you will want this on your shelf next to "The Child Whisperer" and "The Horse Whisperer."

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for the Toddler set, Feb. 13 2002
Double Mom (Cranbrook, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
As a mother of 11 month old twins I found this book to be very timely. Tracy Hogg is a true voice for children of all ages. She shows us the mind of the child to help new parents learn to communicate and respect the little person/s in our lives.
As with her first book I found numerous tips and ideas to help me get through this age and stage of my boys lives. Parenting is such a large issue for everyone so finding a book that is useful and easy to adapt to my lifestyle is important.
I highly recommend this book to everyone I know and can't imagine what I would have done before Tracy's voice helped me to see the way. My twin boys have slept, ate and lived by her words and I have the happiest babies I know living at my house. Thank you Tracy for all your hard work and dedication to the babies of the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars A life saver!!!, Feb. 17 2002
By A Customer
I find Tracy's respectful view of parenting to be refreshing and practical. Although she says there are no quick fixes, and I agree, following her method for getting my 13 month old to sleep in his crib took only 1 week. Although he is not going all night, he is now comfortable in his crib, no longer screams to be in our bed, and is no longer nursing non-stop. Yes we have our work cut out for us, but I finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. I also have a 2 1/2 year old and have found her suggestions on dealing with a 'spirited' child to be right on target...again easy to read, easy to follow. I am feeling less and less like every day is a battle, enjoying motherhood the way I had hoped to. THANK YOU TRACY!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sensible stuff, March 27 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers (Paperback)
This book is brimming with down-to-earth, sensible advice on bringing up a toddler. There's a lot of information on the when, how and why of discipline - often a dodgy area full of inconsistencies when it comes to toddlers! The author really explores this and I found it a great help.
Not sure if I agree with the way the author begins the book with a "Know-Your-Toddler Quiz" in which she effectively categorises (pigeonholes?) toddlers into 5 distinct types, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she can do this because of her vast experience with countless toddlers during her career. Nevertheless it's a great read and an invaluable reference source for this mummy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keep Whispering As Your Baby Grows Up....., July 20 2003
Julie Jordan Scott "Writer, Life Coach - Owne... (Bakersfield, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Hogg and Blau use a very workable, applicable style to deal with parenting a toddler: as I am on my fourth toddler, I can attest that the techniques are valuable and easily used in parenting.
I especially appreciate the step by step approach and belief in "conscious" parenting instead of parenting-by-the-numbers. The suggestions and notes from "real" people via email interspersed further give the book a personalized, realistic flavor.
The ending chapters about having another baby and valuing relationships are very much a part of parenting the toddler. My only wish is there was a touch more in regards to collaborative-parenting with both parents being consistent Baby Whisperers.

5.0 out of 5 stars THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!, Feb. 14 2002
By A Customer
Finally a sleep method that is working! After just one week of following the advice my 13 month old 'non-stop' nurser is FINALLY out of my bed and no longer fighting me all night to nurse. He still wakes, but now needs no more than a pat on the back to go back to sleep. We have a ways to go, but this book has given me the help I needed and in an easy to read, easy to follow format (very important when you are sleep deprived!!) ALSO, I feel as if Tracy Hogg knows my 2 1/2 year old inside out! I can't say enough about how her insight has helped me in the day to day dealings with a very high energy boy. I will recommend this book to everyone I know who has a toddler!

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had my money back, April 3 2002
By A Customer
This is an example of a writer having one seller then putting a useless sequel out.I really would like to get the money I wasted back on this book.She seems too much like an old fashioned English Nanny or nurse and not someone that familiar with children.Not enough activites to stimulate the childs development and games suggestions.Only good suggestion she had was that Moms needed to not interfere with Dads being with their kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, Feb. 11 2002
Jane (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
A follow up to her excellent book, Tracy provides a developmentally accurate and common sense approach to supporting your child's voyage through toddlerhood. I reccommend this book to every parent. Very user friendly and full of anecdotes. Tracy has a strong following and provides constant support to families. She is a true gem and goes above and beyond.
Tracy-- thank you for sharing your wisdom!

Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers
Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers by Melinda Blau (Paperback - Feb. 4 2003)
CDN$ 17.00 CDN$ 12.27