5.0 out of 5 stars Sizzling novel
Published on July 22 2007 by Sassy Lass

3.0 out of 5 stars It was OK
For a Regency rommance it was OK. I could not connect with the two main characters. I did not buy the guy really caring about the girl (see I can't even remember thier names).They just didn't seem real. And the ending was so unbelieveable I rolled my eyes and couldn't believe I had actually wasted my time on this book.
The redeaming qualites were the spicey love...
Published on Oct. 16 2001 by MamaWolf

5.0 out of 5 stars Sizzling novel, July 22 2007
Sassy Lass (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
I don't know what possessed me to purchase a romance novel since I rarely read such genres. This book totally captivated me and practically made me fall in love with a fictional character. Silly as it sounds, I don't think another romance novel has ever hypnotized me as this one has. Lord Sinclair makes you catch your breath with every move he makes. And that is thanks to Nicole Jordan. I am eager to read another one of her books very soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars My absolute favorite of her NOTORIOUS series.... stunning!, June 17 2004
I've read this book twice in the past three months (yes, reading plenty of other things, too!) , and have begun my third reading of it.....
It takes a LOT to make me want to keep and re-read a book.
But there is a true and beautiful love story, completely believable, which happens to Damien Sinclair and Vanessa Wyndham. It's one of only two romances I've read where I feel the characters are so real and so compelling that I truly care, deeply, what happens to them... their story has moved me, very , very much.
Most romances I enjoy very much, then put them down when I've finished them, and think, 'wow, that was fun, I want to read another one'...
This one is more like : "Oh --- how beautiful -- thank God they found each other. This is perfect! I am so happy for them!" It's not at all the little fun smile you feel at the end of a romance novel. It's a feeling of complete joy.
He is not at all what he appears to be. Vanessa finds this out. And she also finds out, thanks to him, that she's loaded with passion and feelings she never knew she had. And he is so incredibly patient with her -- it's just gorgeous. Even though at times it 's maddening to have to 'wait' for the two of them to finally make love, the delays are completely believable , for both of them. Especially as he's promised her over and over again he will wait until she's ready . And boy , does he EVER make it worth her while that he waited for her (it was driving him crazy, too, but he was a complete gentleman....) It makes their eventual joining 1,000x as sweet and beautiful as your standard romance. WELL worth the wait. Then, the most utterly beautiful scenes, where he's in essence guiding her through her own brand-new feelings... I don't want to give all the book away, here... but he is so GOOD to her, you just fall in love with him. Talk about every woman's fantasy!!
The subplot with his sister Olivia and her brother Aubrey is also extremely well-conceived and carried out. I really grow to love both of them, despite not liking Aubrey much at all at first. But he does completely redeem himself. It's just one more great part of this amazing book.
I can't find any flaws in it. It just feels so very real. Of course I know it's fiction, but wow.... talk about being completely drawn into their world. I'm so thrilled to have this book, and to have had the immense pleasure of discovering it. They REALLY love each other, and are truly perfectly suited. None of them has been perfect in the past, but they grow and change so much in the book...
My deepest thanks to Ms. Jordan for an unforgettable reading experience.
I love the other four NOTORIOUS novels as well: The Passion (wow!); Ecstasy (to *die* for); Desire(yes!!); and The Prince of Pleasure (YOW! Sizzling!)...
I'm looking forward to THE LOVER, next on my list of Jordan books to read, and have already devoured 'Master of Temptation', another winner. I'll be a fan for life!

5.0 out of 5 stars I was seduced!, April 24 2004
By A Customer
Wow. This is the first Nicole Jordan book I've read, and it won't be the last! The story and the love scenes are so hot, I just couldn't get enough. Also, it is such a well written romance, devoid of countless cliches and mechanical, tired phrases. I can't wait to read another by the author!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, great love scenes!, March 23 2004
By A Customer
Have your cold shower running because after reading the amorous scenes in this book, you'll need to cool off! This book had some of the most adventurous and original lovemaking I've ever read in a romance novel.
I love Lord Sin as the depraved rake and Vanessa as the honorable, but passionate heroine. The have major chemistry and the whole book sizzles with their attraction.
I highly recommend this one!

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this book, March 21 2004
This was the first book I have ever read by Nicole Jordan, as soon as I was done with it I went out and bought three more of her books. This story was really two romance novels in one. Of course, you have the main couple Vanessa and Damien and they were a great couple! I always love to see a man change to the win the love of a lady. This book gave Damien a lot of depth and emotions of his own, which was great because a lot of times the heroes are left without a lot of depth. The only reason that I gave this book a four is because of some of the things Vanessa did, I did not feel drawn in by the fact that her brother had no problem with allowing her to become a man's mistress to clear-up his gambling debts. That whole thing was the weakest part of this story for me.
Olivia was a great addition to this story, she was a person that I found myself cheering on the whole time. When Vanessa first meets her and she is that dark room lying in bed her heart having been broken; I wanted to jump in the book and try to make her feel better. I felt that she was someone who was supposed to a subcharacter in the story, but ended up being a main chararter to me. Aubrey he was the least likable person in this book if he was my brother I would not have been as nice as Vanessa was about the problems his selfish behavior caused.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you're looking for hot, steamy romance, read this!, March 21 2004
By A Customer
I give it 4 stars because there is some cheesy dialogue and the characters are a bit 2 dimensional. But the plot was unique and the amorous scenes are HOT! This might be one of the steamiest romance novels I've ever read.
This is my first Nicole Jordan novel. I plan to read more of her stuff. Hopefully it is as good as this one (and maybe a bit better!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Seductive., Feb. 5 2004
MaryGrace Meloche (Ontario, Canada.) - See all my reviews
Now this is brilliance. Candlelight, wine, roses, and a caring hunk, what more could a woman ask for? If you are looking for the ticket to sweep you into a land filled with fantasy and captivation, then unlock this portion of Nicole Jordan´¿s engaging ´¿Notorious Series´¿. Caution: lust and desire are sharing your first-class accommodations.
The widowed Lady Vanessa Wyndham is a resourceful sister. The reprehensible Lord Damien Sinclair is a loving brother. To soothe family difficulties they become players in a provocative agreement. Nicole Jordan effectively negotiates the terms and the winner is the delirious reader. The sex scenes are electrifying, but the author never allows these scenes to drift from the story. This is the novel´¿s strength.
Jordan does an attractive job on the personalities of her characters. Vanessa is strong, intelligent and kind. Although her first marriage was an ordeal, our heroine never appears the mangled ´¿butterfly´¿. This is refreshing. Damien is the typical English rake, but the author´¿s handling of his reform is a gift to behold. Well done Ms. Jordan.
The prologue is the book´¿s major weakness. I suspect most readers enjoy a little foreplay before the heavy intimacy spills onto the pages. Unfortunately, in this book´¿s introduction, the author shoves her unprepared audience, into the torrent, without a breath.
The author saturates the final pages with immense activity. The reader is traveling at warp speed; warning, buckle your seat belt. Viewpoint: Jordan should have slowed the conclusion and scrapped the prologue. Nevertheless, these are minor flaws. ´¿The Seduction´¿ is a good book -- for the keeper shelf.
Grace Atkinson, Ontario - Canada.

4.0 out of 5 stars I cannot wait for the audio, Dec 14 2003
By A Customer
Great story of seduction. I cannot wait for the audio version. That will certainly make my commute more fun until the story is over. This author (Nicole Jordan) writes so that you feel like you are in the story. When they do the audio I hope the reader tells the story with enthusiasm and sound effects. Get this book, but wait for the audio cassette. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most excellent read!, Oct. 6 2003
Streakblondie "streakblondie" (Lower Hutt, Wellington New Zealand) - See all my reviews
Vanessa Wyndham is placed in a position of imminent "scandal", as companion to Olivia Sinclair (Lord D's little sister) through her foolish brothers actions .... Lord Damian Sinclair (our most sensual leading man) seeks to use Vanessa's position, as companion, in his bid for revenge, against said brother, and Vanessa's eventual ruination. The story that unfolds is very sensual, erotic, and unusual: love emerges in the most unexpected arena, and revenge takes a most unintended twist.
All in all, the best NJ novel I have read and totally worth the read!!!!!!! You will definitely have this one on the "for keeps" shelf.
Warning though, for you more TIMID readers, this book warrants an extremely high rating for steamy sex scenes .... don't even open the first page if you don't like the type of sex scene that melts the page it's written on!
Enjoy the read, Kristina

5.0 out of 5 stars The Seduction, Aug. 14 2003
nesia (Rosharon, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
AWESOME! The first book I picked up by Nicole Jordan was "The Seduction". Since then I have scrambled to find anything with her name on it to read. Not only are the stories good, but they never get boring. It is so hard to put down the books once you open them. It has been a week since that first book and I have read 4 more since then. I just started on the 5th book in her Notorious series. I wish I could give this book more than 5 stars because it deserves at least 10.

The Seduction
The Seduction by Nicole Jordan (Mass Market Paperback - July 27 2004)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01