4.0 out of 5 stars If you like to eat, you'll love this book
This book is just what you need to escape the world of North American life. If you enjoy a bottle of red wine and some italian(or french) bread with some cheese, set yourself up and read for an hour or so.
The book is an easy read with simple yet inviting recipes at the end of every chapter or so.
Set in a small Tuscan village it is an autobiographical report...
Published on April 11 2006 by Karen MacIntyre

1.0 out of 5 stars Loving this book!
Published 13 months ago by Susan

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like to eat, you'll love this book, April 11 2006
Karen MacIntyre (Sydney, Nova Scotia Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Thousand Days in Tuscany: A Bittersweet Adventure (Paperback)
Set in a small Tuscan village it is an autobiographical report of the authors time there. Every story seems to surround a meal. It just seemed to be a nice place to go(the book) when life is crowding in.

1.0 out of 5 stars Loving this book!, June 23 2013
I have not finished reading it yet, but so far I am loving it. It is so beautifully written, bring the quirky characters alive to us as we can imagine them as people. I am also loving the inclusion of recipes at the end of some of the chapters. The author not only describes her life there along with the people but food is a huge part of this and she shares these recipes with us so we can try them out as well.

This is a very beautifully written book and I would recommend it to anyone. It was recommended to me to read!

A Thousand Days in Tuscany: A Bittersweet Adventure
A Thousand Days in Tuscany: A Bittersweet Adventure by Marlena de Blasi (Paperback - Sept. 27 2005)
CDN$ 18.00 CDN$ 13.00