march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 11, 2006
This book is just what you need to escape the world of North American life. If you enjoy a bottle of red wine and some italian(or french) bread with some cheese, set yourself up and read for an hour or so.
The book is an easy read with simple yet inviting recipes at the end of every chapter or so.
Set in a small Tuscan village it is an autobiographical report of the authors time there. Every story seems to surround a meal. It just seemed to be a nice place to go(the book) when life is crowding in.
on October 3, 2015
She's a much better writer than I expected. Also did the 1000 days in Venice. A bit weird, though, that she married a virtual stranger (Venice book) - but an interesting read.
on March 9, 2016
Loved this book!
Ms. De Blasi brings you into her unique experience with such beautiful insight and I love her writing style!
on July 12, 2015
Ditto. Read this one too.
on February 25, 2016
Ok, a slow read.
on June 23, 2013
I have not finished reading it yet, but so far I am loving it. It is so beautifully written, bring the quirky characters alive to us as we can imagine them as people. I am also loving the inclusion of recipes at the end of some of the chapters. The author not only describes her life there along with the people but food is a huge part of this and she shares these recipes with us so we can try them out as well.

This is a very beautifully written book and I would recommend it to anyone. It was recommended to me to read!