countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more scflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

on June 22, 2010
Easy to read and understand. I started taking a Magnesium supplement on the advice of Dr Oz (from his TV show) to lower blood pressure. (My last blood pressure reading was down significantly).

The book advises of many other reasons we need to take Magnesium. Easch chapter of this book I discover more of why I should keep on taking it. The more I read the more I am convined it is a 'miracle'

The book also advises which foods are high in Magnesium.

I definitely recommend this book.
on May 1, 2014
Awesome book. Years ago a client called me the queen of Epsom salts baths, as I recommend it to all my massage therapy clients.. I highly recommend this book to everyone for education on how better we can all feel with having this extensive information about the benefits of magnesium. Thank you Dr. Dean.

Suzanne Proulx
on June 14, 2015
This book is an excellent resource for both the health professional and patient who wish to implement magnesium in their regimen.
As a health care professional working for one of the largest adult congenital heart hospitals in the world, I come across many patients who would greatly benefit from the material presented in this book.
on May 20, 2012
This book was recommended to me from an online forum that looks into many aspects of diet and health that goes against mainstream diet and medicine. I'm really glad I read it since I would never have learned about the importance of and widespread deficiency of magnesium in individuals on the standard western diet. Just one aspect of why magnesium is a must is that we live in a social setting filled with stress and this stress depletes magnesium creating a deficiency. Even if a person switches to organic grass fed meats correcting the deficiency would take a long time, so supplementation is a must. Do yourself a favor and read this book. It is pretty short and to the point.
on October 10, 2015
This book should be mandatory reading in all medical offices and waiting rooms. Started using magnesium 3 weeks ago and have already experienced relief in both hips(need hip replacement surgery), both knees and lower back.
on June 1, 2015
Not only does Dr Dean show the reader why magnesium is important, she provides information about how it fits in with other minerals. Some forms of magnesium cause issues for the user, but Dr Dean also provides information about the different forms and where to get them.

I am currently in my fourth day of taking a very useable form of magnesium suggested by Dr Dean and I'm definitely feeling more energetic!
on May 14, 2016
This is fantastic book that I highly recommend to any health conscious person who like me realizes that we need to take responsibility for our own well being. The conventional medical system is primarily focused on treating only symptoms with drugs that usually have side affects for which another drug is required, and the vicious circle goes on.
on February 21, 2015
Lots of well backed-up scientific information on magnesium deficiency and how to correct it. However, the book contains a non-critical chapter on the use of homeopathic cures for magnesium deficiency. I was frankly very surprised to see a chapter advocating homeopathy in an otherwise well researched and scientifically based book. Also, the author does not address the magnesium-blocking effects of a grain-based diet, but instead recommends a diet which includes whole grains.
on January 4, 2014
The author has dedicated a good part of her professional life to help us understand how magnesium deficiency impacts every cell/system in our body…..she is on solid ground with the research that supports the explanations /argument for increasing magnesium intake ……and suggests how this can be done easily
on March 22, 2013
This is a lovely easy read for physicians and patients. I recommend it to patients and students as an excellent introduction to understanding the new malnutrition epidemic. There are many good books to follow. This is a fine place to start the pilgrimage to peak health