summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Music Deals Store Tools Family

Format: Hardcover|Change

on March 25, 2016
Truly a "bitter sweet" story of love and family dedication. One could feel the same emotions as the characters while reading. Very well written.
on February 8, 2016
I really liked this novel. It was well written and the storyline was linked to such an important piece of history that is so often overlooked.
on February 4, 2016
A very well-written book. It brings modern times and war time together. You can't help but put yourself in the situation of the characters and ask the question, what would I do, if this was my nationality, and if this was the time I was living in. On the cover it is described as a post war Romeo and Juliette story. That does describe it to a degree. I read it at the beach, and it was an absolute page turner, and kept me reading right until the last page. I highly recommend this novel.
on January 16, 2016
An easy read, the story touches the heart. It was an interesting read and I learnt more about the role of Japan during WW11. As the two main characters grow and develop, their lives are irrevocably changed by events that are beyond their control.
on October 17, 2015
A beautiful story,......
on May 24, 2015
A beautiful piece of historical fiction. I cannot begin to express how glad I am that I read this book. Beautiful.
on May 13, 2015
Written for a young reader. If I was still a 12 year old girl I might found it to be a good read.
on April 29, 2015
Interesting view of the times, but pretty simple and predictable. I felt like it could have been a much more enjoyable read if much shorter. There seemed to be a lot of filler.
on April 27, 2015
Just what I wanted...I loved the library copy, now I have my OWN to reread when I want to!
on November 16, 2014
A great story, great writing. It's definitely on my list of favourites.