4.0 out of 5 stars Short and expensive but good
No Prisoners is a slight novel. It's 257 pages and had the plot been more elaborate or with the addition of a twist the book could at least weighed in at 300 pages. It's not the page count that bothers me. It's that I paid nearly $20 for this trade paperback.

Published on May 29 2009 by Jacen

1.0 out of 5 stars Di'kut!
Be aware, that this book is NOT in any manner the sequel to Order 66. The book you are so erroneously hoping this one to be is in fact called, IMPERIAL COMMANDO: 501st and will be published in November of this year.
Published on Feb. 23 2009 by D. Laurie

4.0 out of 5 stars Short and expensive but good, May 29 2009
Jacen (Victoria, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: No Prisoners: Star Wars (The Clone Wars) (Paperback)

Now that that's out of the way, I confess as I read No Prisoners I remembered I how much I enjoy Traviss' take on this period and I really like what she's done for The Clone Wars series so far.

The introduction of an alternative Jedi school makes for some interesting contrasts that challenge Ahsoka and Anakin's core beliefs. Conceiving of Jedi who break the very doctrine that holds Yoda's Order together and keeps Anakin in constant torment.

Rex and his Clones are great. Traviss' interjects her sometimes controversial beliefs about attachment, duty, and Star Wars morality but it never feels forced or preachy. It all flows nicely as it raises obvious questions about the war. And every serious EU fan should be giddy about the sizable appearance of a young Gilad Pellaeon!

I would have liked a few more scenes with Ahsoka. Heck, I would have liked more scenes with all of these characters.

Despite the unfairly high price for the lenth, No Prisoners is another sharp, exciting, well told SW tale.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sequel to Order 66: Imperial Commando, March 1 2009
Jean Pascal Hebert "JP" (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: No Prisoners: Star Wars (The Clone Wars) (Paperback)
Hi all - I'm still going with 5-stars because Karen has brought a refreshing and much enjoyable writing style to the Star Wars universe.

Her next book in the Republic Commando is Imperial Commandodue due in September. Check out theforce.net under book release schedule.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sequels...., Feb. 21 2009
This review is from: No Prisoners: Star Wars (The Clone Wars) (Paperback)
Imperial Commando 501st is the sequel to Order 66.

This is a sequel to Karen Traviss' previous Clone Wars novelization and Karen Miller's previous Clone Wars book Wild Space.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll second that!, Feb. 18 2009
Michel Grandmont (Québec, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: No Prisoners: Star Wars (The Clone Wars) (Paperback)
I'll second that comment : please let this be the sequel to Order 66!!! I just love the way Karen Traviss puts us in the minds and hearts of these fearsome commandos, ARCs and their sergeants! It also gives a great view inside the Mandolorian culture, which was an unespected pleasure from the start of the Republic Commandos series.

1.0 out of 5 stars Di'kut!, Feb. 23 2009
D. Laurie "Laurent-Pion" (Nowhere You Know) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars more Mandalorians please, Nov. 5 2008
Harmony K. (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: No Prisoners: Star Wars (The Clone Wars) (Paperback)
I hope it's a sequel to Order 66, i.e. #5 in the Republic Commando series. Karen Traviss has done an incredible job so far in the Star Wars universe. This series is just as much fun to read as the Thrawn or even the NJO books.

No Prisoners: Star Wars (The Clone Wars)
No Prisoners: Star Wars (The Clone Wars) by Karen Traviss (Paperback - May 19 2009)
CDN$ 19.00 CDN$ 13.72