5.0 out of 5 stars It's good
The book is good for Star Wars fans. Won't win any awards, but those who enjoyed "Knights of the Old Republic" or simply enjoys Star Wars fiction will like it.
Published on Dec 18 2011 by Topsy Kretts

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, but not by a long shot Karpyshyn's best
Similar to other readers before me. I played KOTOR and then read this book, interested in seeing what happened next for the awesome character that was Jedi Revan, Turned Sith Revan, returned to Jedi, Revan.

The story is good, its just at times, a bit... meh. Cant think of a better word.
I found myself skim reading a lot of pages as a conversation between 2...
Published 22 months ago by Koopa90

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, but not by a long shot Karpyshyn's best, Sept. 23 2012
Koopa90 (Cape Breton, NS.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revan: Star Wars (The Old Republic) (Hardcover)

I found myself skim reading a lot of pages as a conversation between 2 people tells you about the force and a planet.
Fair enough. I know all I need now ... but nope, over the duration of the book, other characters just have the same conversation over and over and over, slightly different each time, but never So different that you get lost if you skim over it.

The story on the whole. I enjoyed. Had that StarWars, Adventurous feel.
But as someone else stated in a review, with a book titled REVAN, id hoped to see more from him.
I give this book a 3 out of 5 stars.
Id recommend it to any KOTOR fans, its entertaining, but don't get too excited, its by far, nothing compared to the story and depth of the game.

Karpyshyn . . . Darth Bane was brilliant, Id hoped he'd be able to make Revan just as good. Unfortunately, no.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book for KOTOR fans, Jan. 19 2012
This review is from: Revan: Star Wars (The Old Republic) (Hardcover)
I was actually really surprised when I saw that this book had been released. Thinking to myself...The Old Republic: Revan?? Sounds really familiar.

Anyways, I really enjoyed this book. I love how it not only extended the story from KOTOR 1, but the second game as well. Hated the ending though...but I won't ruin it for you. However, it did hint at a second book. Or possibly they just wanted to justify the ending, but I'm really hoping that isn't the case.

If you enjoyed either of the games, then you'll most definitely enjoy this book as well. It is well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's good, Dec 18 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Tieing up Lose ends, Nov. 26 2011
This review is from: Revan: Star Wars (The Old Republic) (Hardcover)
This book was fantastic for Revan fans .. it introduces a few really cool darkside characters and subplot that keeps you intereested the whole way through. Combat text is one of Drews strengths as he details combat you feel like you are watching it in a movie rather then reading it. Like the Bane series it starts off slow but picks up quickly after the third chapter and then you just dont want to put it down until its done.

I would read any DK star wars novel ... he is worth his weight in gold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, July 4 2014
This review is from: Revan: Star Wars (The Old Republic) (Hardcover)
Really good book! Husband and I read it together would like to get more of the collection eventually!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, I wished it ended differently, Dec 10 2013
This is a great book, the characters feel alive and it was hard for me to put the book down. Revan's quest was long and difficult but he did what he had to do for the greater good. It is slow at first but it ramps up fairly quickly, if you played KOTOR the game, you will love this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars A tragic end..., Sept. 18 2013
The story started out well enough, some moments were pretty well done. The characters were developed and believable. The ending was just horrible in my opinion. I don't think there was anything really I would recommend from this story because of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars great book, March 19 2013
just wow could not stop reading that book! I loved it the could have been better but the story line really transport you in a new world.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best Old Republic book out so far, Dec 11 2011
This review is from: Revan: Star Wars (The Old Republic) (Hardcover)
I've read all 3 of the Old Republic novels and found this one to be the best aside from having a bit of a curve ball ending. Definately worth the investment, especially if you are familiar with the storyline from Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the love of Revan, Nov. 29 2011
This review is from: Revan: Star Wars (The Old Republic) (Hardcover)
I enjoyed this newest offering by Drew Karpyshyn, and I finished the book in one sitting, taking 6 hours of my day, and I gobbled up every page. Now I'm not going to give any spoilers, but some of our favorite characters from the video game (of which this book is based on) Knights of the Old Republic do show up. This was what pushed me on with the book, I loved learning about Canderous, Bastila, and a little tidbit of HK-47, and more. If you played the game, this book fleshes out what happened to Revan, and his cohorts a bit. The ending isn't as satisfying as I'd like, because Drew is no doubt leaving something for the audience of Star Wars the Old Republic Massively Multi-player Game which is coming out on December 20th. That is the crux of the thing.. because this novel could be more, but it can't. That being said, this is still a great read, especially for fans.

Revan: Star Wars (The Old Republic)
Revan: Star Wars (The Old Republic) by Drew Karpyshyn (Hardcover - Nov. 15 2011)
Used & New from: CDN$ 5.86