march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

on September 23, 2012
Similar to other readers before me. I played KOTOR and then read this book, interested in seeing what happened next for the awesome character that was Jedi Revan, Turned Sith Revan, returned to Jedi, Revan.

The story is good, its just at times, a bit... meh. Cant think of a better word.
I found myself skim reading a lot of pages as a conversation between 2 people tells you about the force and a planet.
Fair enough. I know all I need now ... but nope, over the duration of the book, other characters just have the same conversation over and over and over, slightly different each time, but never So different that you get lost if you skim over it.

The story on the whole. I enjoyed. Had that StarWars, Adventurous feel.
But as someone else stated in a review, with a book titled REVAN, id hoped to see more from him.
I give this book a 3 out of 5 stars.
Id recommend it to any KOTOR fans, its entertaining, but don't get too excited, its by far, nothing compared to the story and depth of the game.

Karpyshyn . . . Darth Bane was brilliant, Id hoped he'd be able to make Revan just as good. Unfortunately, no.
on November 26, 2011
This book was fantastic for Revan fans .. it introduces a few really cool darkside characters and subplot that keeps you intereested the whole way through. Combat text is one of Drews strengths as he details combat you feel like you are watching it in a movie rather then reading it. Like the Bane series it starts off slow but picks up quickly after the third chapter and then you just dont want to put it down until its done.

I would read any DK star wars novel ... he is worth his weight in gold.
on January 19, 2012
I was actually really surprised when I saw that this book had been released. Thinking to myself...The Old Republic: Revan?? Sounds really familiar.

Anyways, I really enjoyed this book. I love how it not only extended the story from KOTOR 1, but the second game as well. Hated the ending though...but I won't ruin it for you. However, it did hint at a second book. Or possibly they just wanted to justify the ending, but I'm really hoping that isn't the case.

If you enjoyed either of the games, then you'll most definitely enjoy this book as well. It is well worth the money.
on November 29, 2011
I enjoyed this newest offering by Drew Karpyshyn, and I finished the book in one sitting, taking 6 hours of my day, and I gobbled up every page. Now I'm not going to give any spoilers, but some of our favorite characters from the video game (of which this book is based on) Knights of the Old Republic do show up. This was what pushed me on with the book, I loved learning about Canderous, Bastila, and a little tidbit of HK-47, and more. If you played the game, this book fleshes out what happened to Revan, and his cohorts a bit. The ending isn't as satisfying as I'd like, because Drew is no doubt leaving something for the audience of Star Wars the Old Republic Massively Multi-player Game which is coming out on December 20th. That is the crux of the thing.. because this novel could be more, but it can't. That being said, this is still a great read, especially for fans.
on January 11, 2016
Overall I did enjoy this book. It was solid, well written and kept a good pace. Karpyshyn did a fantastic job with Scourge and his evolution as a character, and the ending was unexpected and haunting. The only complaint I have is that on the whole, there wasn't enough Revan for my taste. I found his presence as a character to be lacking by comparison to Scourge's. While I understand that the plot itself explains why that is the case, it still feels like a bit of a let-down considering the title of the book. To me, Scourge felt like the main character, and Revan like a major supporting character, if that makes any sense.

Would love to have Karpyshyn write a novel about Darth Nihilus.
on December 18, 2011
The book is good for Star Wars fans. Won't win any awards, but those who enjoyed "Knights of the Old Republic" or simply enjoys Star Wars fiction will like it.
on November 22, 2011
This book is really well written, but it suffers from the fact that Drew Karpyshyn's story was constrained by other canons. It seems like he had to work around a lot of things, which probably held the story back from what it could have been. Don't get me wrong, the story is still really good, and the ending is somewhat satisfying, but it leaves me hanging a bit.
on December 10, 2013
This is a great book, the characters feel alive and it was hard for me to put the book down. Revan's quest was long and difficult but he did what he had to do for the greater good. It is slow at first but it ramps up fairly quickly, if you played KOTOR the game, you will love this book.
on December 11, 2011
I've read all 3 of the Old Republic novels and found this one to be the best aside from having a bit of a curve ball ending. Definately worth the investment, especially if you are familiar with the storyline from Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2.
on October 8, 2015
The best book in the Star Wars saga I have ever read. This explains a lot about Revan and his companions after the KOTOR and KOTOR II games!. Will recommend everyone to read it if you're into Star Wars and The Old Republic era.